Thread: I am having an issue with the passenger side headlamps

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

I am having an issue with the passenger side headlamps

My passenger side headlamp has stopped working on low beam, twice now, the first time I put in two new bulbs. This was four months ago, now the passenger side low beam is not working again. Any thoughts? I have never had a car go through head lights like this. The replacements were sylvania silver stars. Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks
    Not sure it is those "brighter" light bulbs. They DO like to burn, and try to just put a regular Nissan OEM bulb on to the burnt side to see how long will it last first.

Other than that, try to use rubbing alcohol to clean the holder/inlet area of the headlight unit. some oil/dirt may be stick on there, so when you slide the bulb in, Done!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperTurbo For This Useful Post:

mg4201 (12-13-2017)

Thanks
    THE FOLLOWING IS A COPY AND PASTE OF A POST I DID ON NISSANCUBELIFE. THE PRICES ARE US$ BUT IT MAY BE OF HELP TO YOU.

Our 2014 Cube is now 3 years old, it has 41,000 miles on it. The headlamps are on all of the time while driving. We have not had to replace one yet.

Our time must be near!!

I have spent a lot of time researching different halogen lamps, and the price difference is enormous. Nissan wanted $42 for each lamp.

It appears that the more you pay the shorter the life expectancy will be.

Sylvania advertises 5 different lamps with different "down the road" coverage and colour. Their most expensive (SilverStar zXe)[$60] has a Primary Filament Life of only 150 hrs. compared to their BASIC[$20] at 1100 hrs. They both have an output of 910 lm.. There is no difference in the specifications of any of the 5 lamps except for the colour.

I really cheaped out and bought 10, off-brand lamps from AMAZON for $26

If they come close to the performance of the OE lamps I will be pleased. If they turn out to be junk I'll let you know.
    Last edited by tomcj2; 12-04-2017 at 05:07 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tomcj2 For This Useful Post:

mg4201 (12-13-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mg4201 View Post
    My passenger side headlamp has stopped working on low beam, twice now, the first time I put in two new bulbs. This was four months ago, now the passenger side low beam is not working again. Any thoughts? I have never had a car go through head lights like this. The replacements were sylvania silver stars. Thanks in advance for your help.
    It could be the bulbs and not the car. I would go back to OEM and see if you can get a longer life out of them. Don't buy them at the dealership of course. I had a pair of Piaa's long ago and they lasted 9 months. For $65CDN for a pair of bulbs was a lot. Piaa had sent me a new pair since I had my receipt. I ended up just going back to OEM's.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ABMicra17 For This Useful Post:

mg4201 (12-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thank you for all of your help, I appreciate it.

Thanks
    I had both headlights pop within a few days of each other last year, got cheapish replacements at canadiantire and they haven't died yet lol

... though converting to lasers is the goal for next season :P

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...