Thread: Do Micra have the ATF or transmission dipstick?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Do Micra have the ATF or transmission dipstick?

Hi everyone

Just went for a test drive today.... when I was checking the car, the sales rep just grab me away from the showroom, and I don't think I see the transmission dipstick.....

Can anyone confirm with me about the dipstick? Let say without the dipstick, how can I check the oil level? Do this gearbox completely sealed like GM (You can't change oil by yourself) or I can still change the oil?

Thanks
    No dipstick for the automatic or the manual transmission.

See...
    Thread: where the location at dipstick to check automatic oil ?

But you can still check it and change it yourself, if you want to. You have to remove a plug to check the level -- see the last reply in the above thread.

---

I helped a friend with a "sealed" GM transmission check his level this weekend. He has a Cruze, and his oil change shop said the transmission was leaking. So we opened the transmission fill plug and inserted a random piece of plastic (end of a zip tie), to see where the fluid level was. The level was fine -- the "leak" on the trans was just from the dealership being sloppy the last time they re-filled with fresh fluid, spilling some down the outside.

Would have been much easier with a dipstick, though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

SuperTurbo (11-23-2017)

Thanks
    The GoogleDrive document no longer exists

Thread: Automatic transmission fluid level

Bottom response I have the automatic's drain / fill / flush procedures right from Nissan hosted - as well as how to bend a fork in to the special tool needed to remove the breather cap (which I used as a filler tube).

They want you to fill the thing from the drain plug with a grease gun looking thing lol so much easier not doing that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-23-2017),SuperTurbo (11-23-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks for the update, Azmodon. I forgot about your transmission adventure on the way to the Tremblant Micra Cup race!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...