Thread: Hello, maybe?

Thanks

Hello, maybe?

Checking out a 2017 Micra S tomorrow night. I juuuuust might bring it home.

If you see me post again, it'll be with pics of my new baby.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

ptbo micra (11-20-2017)

Thanks
    Hope you like it!

Even if you don't get it, I'd be curious to know your reasoning.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hope you like it!

Even if you don't get it, I'd be curious to know your reasoning.
    Well, apparently every 2016-2017 Micra on Canadian dealer lots right now cannot be driven until the latest Takata recall is done, and local dealers aren't expecting parts until early 2018.

Sooooo, I bought a 2018 Mirage, base model, 5 speed. Reasonably comparable as far as I can tell. Granted I didn't get to (wasn't allowed to) drive the Micra, but the Mirage is a fun tidy little car.

$12,500 before tax, came with summers and winters all on rims, back up camera, decent audio system with bluetooth, power windows, power mirrors. Not as slow as I was concerned the 1.2L would be. Not broken in or anything yet (and I've been driving poorly to follow break in procedures of not maintaining a steady engine rpm), and my first top up was today. 21L/385km, or 5.5l/100km.

So... you all won't see me posting much around here, I'll follow this thread for a few weeks though haha.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Micra SV manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Ha, interesting.... I went to 2 dealers to test drive, they never mention a word about the air bag problem about the Micra....

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Well, apparently every 2016-2017 Micra on Canadian dealer lots right now cannot be driven until the latest Takata recall is done, and local dealers aren't expecting parts until early 2018.
    After searching several sites it appears that only a few (259) MICRAs are included in the Airbag Recall, and they are all 2015 model year vehicles.
    Also, Transport Canada reports: "Transport Canada has not received any complaints from Canadians alleging abnormal deployment of airbags supplied by Takata and is not aware of any related incidents in Canada. Auto manufacturers have also confirmed that no abnormal deployments of airbags supplied by Takata have occurred in Canada"

There are about 100 million cars recalled worldwide for defective airbags and only about 200 injuries including fewer than 20 deaths from defective airbags. It appears that vehicles driven in hot, humid areas are more prone to failure.
    Last edited by tomcj2; 11-27-2017 at 10:11 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tomcj2 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-27-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    2018 Mirage, base model, 5 speed. Reasonably comparable as far as I can tell.
    You would have found the Micra to be noticeably quicker (109 hp vs. 78).

As far as handling, Mitsu improved the Mirage's suspension (crazy soft/body roll in the first couple of years of production), steering & brakes for 2017/18. Even so, the Micra still has the edge there. (There will never be a "Mirage Cup" racing series. ) But if fuel economy is a main concern, the Mirage is crazy good in that department.

Micra on Canadian dealer lots right now cannot be driven until the latest Takata recall is done
    If that applies across Canada, that's going to kill Micra sales until they get it sorted out.

I wonder if affects other cars. Did you happen to ask if it affected the Versa Note? You could have driven one of those - same platform as the Micra (though stretched), engine & suspension (with the manual) and many interior components (seats/dash etc).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    9780 before tax (bought a 2015 in 2016 no 1600 PDI) after tax=11,200 base, no power nothing----MICRA S

i just doesnt get any better......

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!