Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Micra Cup Exhaust....Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTurbo View Post
    Oh, I see what you mean now. I thought this is one of those missing the catalytic convertor, or louder than 98db at red line...

Btw, do you have an idea how loud is it when it redline? & does it have a cat inside?

From what I understand, in Ontario, you can't install the exhaust which is louder than 98db, and must have a Cat in order to pass the highway safety...
    There is not dB level under hta. Noise pollution is controlled by the regions, mufflers being louder then stock without any decebel reading, at the officers Discretion, under highway traffic act improper muffler. Damaged, imcomplete, made to enhance engine sound, straight pipes, cat deletes, not running to length of the car ( venting exhaust must be behind the passenger cabin. ) etc. “

It’s a fix it ticket. If you show the court you’ve corrected the situation they’ll possible drop the charge.

But if you reinstall and get a ticket again then they are going to throw the book at you.

If your in a 10year old+ car they can be less d bags about it. As there are only so many options available. And you are required to repair a broken exhaust. But on brand new cars. Non-OEM EXHAUSTS only do one thing. Make more noise. And that’s a no-no. Open your wallet

Cops can’t hear upgraded brakes/ suspension/ and don’t care about that stuff. Unless your hella flush broke tire stanced then your fine.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rawtek View Post
    Well our exhaust is after the stock cat, so you won't lose that. And I don't have dB numbers, unfortunately. I can't imagine it's excessively loud, as we use far greater than OEM levels of packing with our glass pack, so it absorbs a good amount of volume.
    Great wanna show up to traffic court for us and explain that to the judge?
    At the very least make a certified document showing how you exceeded the manufacturers OEM specs

I’m not trying to be a dick. I’m trying to help us have a better product, that works with regs. And doesn’t collect tickets. And in that it does net a “improper muffler” infraction that you stand by your product and back it with a document that shows beyond a doubt that it was designed to perform above OEM spec.and designated specifically for this car.

Then and only then would I approve of this product.

Otherwise if it’s just as illegal as a full on race spec with the exhaust coming out the hood why would I pay for that?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    This should be at the top as a disclaimer prior to the sale ad.

Well, in most jurisdictions, ANY modification that is not OEM, is illegal.
    Maybe it should be on every page of this forum
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ptbo micra For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-14-2017)

Thanks
    Too true.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I've got plenty of mods on my car but I like to call them optional parts, never had a worry and I drive daily. I would worry if there is no actual data to back up the exhaust though..reputable brands vs local what not.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    I've got plenty of mods on my car but I like to call them optional parts, never had a worry and I drive daily. I would worry if there is no actual data to back up the exhaust though..reputable brands vs local what not.
    What data are you looking for when it comes to exhaust? Type of metal used? I find a hp reading to not matter as much because it all depends on the dyno and how it’s set up plus supporting mods.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicra View Post
    What data are you looking for when it comes to exhaust? Type of metal used? I find a hp reading to not matter as much because it all depends on the dyno and how it’s set up plus supporting mods.
    Simply looked at the manufacturers site? lol..what kind of question is that? I have a JDM product so it also is JQR approved which is an organisation in japan regulating noise levels from exhaust manufactures: http://www.jqr.jp/about/index.html
    It isn't valid here but whatever, bottom line an example is Fujitsubo's exhausts are also OEM providers to various makers in Japan.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    Simply looked at the manufacturers site? lol..what kind of question is that? I have a JDM product so it also is JQR approved which is an organisation in japan regulating noise levels from exhaust manufactures: http://www.jqr.jp/about/index.html
    It isn't valid here but whatever, bottom line an example is Fujitsubo's exhausts are also OEM providers to various makers in Japan.
    I just wanted to know what makes you lean towards one exhaust manufacturer then another. Other then it being a JDM hype

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicra For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (11-16-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicra View Post
    I just wanted to know what makes you lean towards one exhaust manufacturer then another. Other then it being a JDM hype
    Sounds like you need to do some research, good luck. I said enough

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi all, my name is Ricardo and I'm the owner of Rawtek Performance. I also happen to be the guy who developed the Micra exhaust system for the Micra cup cars. Rob has brought this thread to my attention because for whatever reason, every time he gets on here, there are a couple members who jump down his throat with baseless accusations and inaccurate information. Now, I've read through the couple threads and I think Rob has been remarkably polite and forthcoming with information in the face of often sarcastic or accusatory remarks. The bottom line here is that high performance automobile modifications are a bit of a grey area, legally speaking. Regulations for various types of modifications vary from one jurisdiction to another and we don't keep track of these, as much as a couple particularly vocal member here think we should. These regulations change and we are not lawyers. Could we have the exhaust certified for sale across Canada?... I have no doubt that we could but that is too expensive and time consuming to be warranted for such a small market. If you take those costs and distribute them over a limited number of sales, the price of the exhaust would be much too high. Also, the Japanese JQR certification that Nobuseri referenced means absolutely nothing outside of Japan. Admitting that "It isn't valid here but whatever" seems in direct contrast with the reason for paying extra for it or demanding certification from us.
    Where we are located, in Quebec, the Fujitsubo exhaust is completely illegal simply because it is an aftermarket part that was designed to alter the sound of the vehicle. I suspect that the situation is similar in many other provinces. Why not try to discredit their product? I am positive, IMPUL, that there would not be a Fujitsubo representative at your court appearance. Nor would there be a Magnaflow, Borla, Greddy, Apexi, Flowmaster or Vibrant representative if you had purchased one of their respective exhaust systems. Your demands are unreasonable.
    In fact, if you're looking for certification and/or immunity from regulations that are largely left to the discretion of the police officer that pulls you over, you're going to be stuck buying a replacement exhaust directly from Nissan. What's the point? What you already have is certified so stick with that and save your money. For those of us who are willing to venture into the grey areas, the name of the game is to do it tastefully to avoid being pulled over in the first place. Our exhaust system is so obviously not offensive in either tone or total volume that I saw no need to run a battery of tests on it. We took our Micra Cup design and altered the muffler internals to provide better attenuation and a deeper tone that is more pleasant in a daily driver. We use top quality materials and fabrication processes throughout and we take pride in what we build. That's a lot more than can be said of some of the large faceless corporations who build many aftermarket parts. In fact, everything that comes out of here has been built by 3 guys...Hemant (our master welder), Loris (cutting, mandrel bending, washing) and Rob (quality control, packaging and shipping). We are the little guy, we still have something to prove and I am not willing to jeopardize our stellar reputation for quality and customer service by trying to push a crap product on this forum. Some people will only buy from companies who have been in business for 50 years and that's fine but don't take every opportunity to crap all over a small, well intentioned company who has been making quality products for only 12 years. If everybody thought that way, there would be no new companies bringing new ideas and products to market.

The bottom line here, the way I see it, is that if you're not interested in our exhaust system, that's ok. I'm not trying to force anything on anyone. BUT there are not dozens or readily accessible and reasonably priced exhaust options for the Micra in Canada so I asked Rob to make this forum aware that we have something to offer...that's it. I am very surprised by the accusatory posts by people who have never been to our facility or seen or heard our products in person. Nobuseri, I know you contacted our shop, which I appreciate but you still have never been here or held our products in your hands so I don't know where your opinion that we're a bunch of rednecks pushing garbage came from. I remember your emails and messages, and no we are still not ISO certified but if you can point me toward another 5 employee company that is I will gladly look into it. For now, we have our hands full designing and building the best quality parts we can, for people who are willing to give us a chance. Still, I'll gladly take the time to bring anyone on a tour of our facility or discuss our methods if you care to call us up and schedule such a visit.
    That's it for my rant. Hopefully I've succeeded in getting my point across without ruffling too many feathers.

Have a good one.

Ricardo

Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rawtek For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (11-16-2017),MightyMicra (11-16-2017)