Thread: Lowered Micra in winter. (Can it handle it?)

Thanks

Question Lowered Micra in winter. (Can it handle it?)

Hi all,

I'm about to get my Micra lowered on springs (Espelir Super Downsus kit) on stock shocks this Friday. I am curious on how a lowered Micra does in winter? Should I worry of putting my stock spring back on by winter or can it handle it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NBGuy89 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm about to get my Micra lowered on springs (Espelir Super Downsus kit) on stock shocks this Friday. I am curious on how a lowered Micra does in winter? Should I worry of putting my stock spring back on by winter or can it handle it?
    I drove my lowered Micra all last winter in snow, rain and every other kind of crap weather with no issues at all, so I don't think you need to worry about switching back at all. I actually found it was easier to handle and predict in snow after lowering than it was when stock. I run Tanabe Sustec lowering springs, so yours may be slightly different as far as height and handling. I also run Michelin X-Ice tires in the winter. The lowering and the tires made my car handle really well in foul weather, I was actually shocked and surprised how good it is. I like to drive in the snow with the 'traction control' off since I feel it interferes with the feedback you get, but to each their own... Enjoy and have fun!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shrugsarefree For This Useful Post:

NBGuy89 (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NBGuy89 View Post
    Hi all,

I've had no problems with my lowered Micra in the snow, or any other winter element vs stock, so no, i wouldn't switch back. I run winter tires with the stock steelies for the worst of the winter months and similar to caseybramall my personal preference is traction control off, at least for city the driving. I do leave it on for highway driving. It has proved itself to be a very capable car in the snow, and having it lowered has made no difference in its capabilities.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:

NBGuy89 (06-04-2020)

Thanks
    I think a lot is going to depend on your local winter conditions / driving environment.

My brother has a lowered XB, and he puts the stock springs back in for the winter because he lives on an unplowed road... well it gets plowed, but not as soon as the highway he connects to.

I have a lowered 2000 Metro that I sometimes drive in the winter, and it's fine (snow tires).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...