Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Ontario

Thanks

Hello from Ontario

Hey All: I have been looking to purchase a small gas-friendly car for some time. I commute 80 KM one-way daily, so my fule consumption is tremendous. I currently own a Lexus is250, but want something easier on the fuel, and something with standard transmission. I dropped in to the local Nissan dealer last evening and took the Micra SV for a spin. I went back this morning and purchased it!! I test drove it on the highway today again and I am sold. I read lots of posters on this forum who talked about winter driving with the Micra. I’m pretty thrilled with the car from seeing it yesterday and today. I will pick it up on Tuesday this week, and look forward to posting more!
    Thanks,

Del

Thanks
    Welcome, I'm a relatively recent Micra owner and I'm loving it. Lots of useful info here. Enjoy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.8 L/100 km ... 41.8 mpg (Imp) ... 14.8 km/L ... 34.8 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Del - welcome!

Congrats on the Micra. Nice to see another manual driver.

What kind of fuel economy are you getting in the Lexus? If you look at the fuel log here, members are averaging 6.8 L/100 km in over 250,000+ km and 600+ fill-ups logged. You'll probably see worse in the winter and better in the summer.

Are you keeping the Lexus for fun, or going with 1 car only?

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Thanks for the welcome MetroMPG and FundyFan! I am getting really poor mileage with the Lexus (13.8 L/100 km. About half of what I am expecting in the Micra. I am not keeping the Lexus, it was a great car for a number of years, but now it is a drain; I've had to repair it so many times this past year that I have finally given up on it. We also have a Rav4, so I have another vehicle if need be.

I pick up the Micra Tuesday, and I'm really looking forward to it; can't wait, in fact! Did you stick with the stock radio/CD player and speakers, or did you change them out? I'm a bit of an audio buff, and imagine that one thing I might miss from the Lexus is the stereo.

Peace,

Del

Thanks
    What year & transmission is your IS250? Just curious about its fuel economy ratings.

Some people change the stock audio. EG a recent one...

Thread: Just added new head unit.

Scroll through the audio subforum for more...

Audio, Video, Navigation, Instruments

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I changed just the speakers, and it made a world of difference! Welcome to the Forum!
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Welcome to the site and congrats on the new Micra!

Thanks
    Thanks everyone! Well, I've had the Micra for 24 hours and I love it so far. I drive about 80 kms one way to work, and must say that driving the standard Micra today was as much fun as driving any car I've ever had (including the Lexus). Someone asked about the Lesus. It was an automatic 2.5 L AWD. Because of the number of issues I had with the car during the last year, I'm really not sad to say goodbye to it at all!

Thanks
    Glad to hear you're enjoying it.

Is the fuel economy living up to your expectations?

Don't forget it will improve as the car breaks in... however it will also get worse as the temperature gets colder. Catch-22.

Thanks
    The fuel economy seems pretty good! Certainly better than the Lexus. We had our first real taste of winter over the last couple of days, and the Micra performed amazingly on my drive into Toronto from Barrie, and back home again. A great little car, and so much fun to drive.