Thread: I am a recent Micra owner.

Thanks

I am a recent Micra owner.

Our car's name is Ada Lovelace; my dog and I love her. I am a recent (re)turning Canadian. I spent most of the last decade in Europe, where I did not have a vehicle. Actually haven't owned a vehicle since my motorbike in my university days. In Europe I saw the micra often and even got a chance to ride in one. I fell in love with the size, practicality and affordability. Currently, we are based in BC, but we are relocating to Saskatchewan in a few weeks.

Ada is a red, 2015 pre-owned manual transmission beauty. I am in love with her. I haven't done much with her except put on some seat covers and a back seat cover for Maggy my dog. I have added a few things like a phone holder and a usb charger. But I will be revamping the computer as I am a software engineer geek girl. I have already ordered an OBD reader. I look forward to customising her, like putting better lights in the trunk and interior. I have winter tires being put on over the weekend. Probably will change the stick shifter too at some point. Slowly, I will make it my own. I am very happy to have her and I am getting used to driving again.

I am excited to connect with other micraers out there.

Thanks
    Welcome, maggy!

But I will be revamping the computer as I am a software engineer geek girl.
    I figured as much from your car's nickname. What plans do you have for the computer?

Glad to have you here.

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hi, Yes, indeed, not many people know the name, so glad you picked up on it!

Well I already have an OBD2 bluetooth dongle I will use with my android phone i use in the car. But I would like to run my own computer, I was going to buy an after market head unit, but decided not to at this point; I will create my own with a Rpi. With touch screen and a tie into the head unit connectors, not quite sure if this will work. I was also thinking of mounting a full monitor in the car as well, but with the size of the car this might be a bit much. But with pi I can have a stereo, GPS, OBD2 diagnostics, and (android)things connected to it for a full immersive experience (like cameras). Might even tie in some voice command stuff. It all depends on time as I pretty busy with my regular gig at the moment.

Thanks
    That sounds really fun.

Keep us posted, what ever you decide to do.

How about semi-autonomous or remote control mode, using the electric power steering motor!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...