Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: OEM Spring Rate

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post

    OEM Spring Rate

    Hello guys.

    It may have this info at somewhere but I really can not find it.

    Could you guys tell me OEM spring rate for Canadian Micra?

    Mine is 2017 Nissan Micra SR model, if it matters.

    I am trying to buy lowering springs but I don`t wanna go too stiff compare with OEM setup.

    Thank you for your help



  2. #2
    Member Azmodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
    The last time we went over springs was quite a while ago, I don't know where it'd be either lol - the modifications list is a nice thing to run through regardless ( http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...mizations-list )

    In regards to just lowering the car - N15 put together a list of aftermarket springs for the car so you can compare the spring rates they have to get an idea. http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...-for-k13-micra

    When I did my calculations (putting a known weight in the driver and passenger seats - measuring the change in wheel gap), I found that 30% of the weight added to the front seats is transferred to the front wheels, with the other 70% being sent to the rear (rear seat ballast is 90-95% on the rear tires). Stock front's seem to be around 2K (110 pound), and 2.5-3K (140-170lbs) in the rear - So you can likely get away with a 2.5K in the front, and a 3.5-4K in the rear and be fine...ish. The rear springs are what you'll notice most though, and I'm not solid on what the stock shocks can handle in rebound. Nobuseri (another owner on here) has used a progressive spring from RS-R (a "Ti2000" but I don't know which model exactly), thing sits beautifully but I don't know what the ride's like.

    I went the coilover route and have 2.5K in the front (would like 3-3.5K) and 10.5K in the rear (used to have 15K but the rear end was going airborne), it's bumpy but fun

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 6.9 L/100 km ... 40.7 mpg (Imp) ... 14.4 km/L ... 33.9 mpg (US) ...


  3. #3
    Senior Member Nobuseri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    125
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 45 Times in 33 Posts
    To answer Azmodon's question, I spec'd Sport Service RS-R's Ti2000 series of progressive springs for the current base model March in Japan, picture bellow (RS-R already provided a picture of the final result which helped seal the deal). I didn't bother specifying for the Nismo S version since the spring rates were stiffer.

    Name:  k13_mc_d.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  64.6 KB
    Current spring rate spec in lbs/inch
    Front, 143.35 lbs/inch
    &
    Rear, 251.43 lbs/inch
    Last edited by Nobuseri; 10-23-2017 at 11:05 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmodon View Post
    The last time we went over springs was quite a while ago, I don't know where it'd be either lol - the modifications list is a nice thing to run through regardless ( http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...mizations-list )

    In regards to just lowering the car - N15 put together a list of aftermarket springs for the car so you can compare the spring rates they have to get an idea. http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...-for-k13-micra

    When I did my calculations (putting a known weight in the driver and passenger seats - measuring the change in wheel gap), I found that 30% of the weight added to the front seats is transferred to the front wheels, with the other 70% being sent to the rear (rear seat ballast is 90-95% on the rear tires). Stock front's seem to be around 2K (110 pound), and 2.5-3K (140-170lbs) in the rear - So you can likely get away with a 2.5K in the front, and a 3.5-4K in the rear and be fine...ish. The rear springs are what you'll notice most though, and I'm not solid on what the stock shocks can handle in rebound. Nobuseri (another owner on here) has used a progressive spring from RS-R (a "Ti2000" but I don't know which model exactly), thing sits beautifully but I don't know what the ride's like.

    I went the coilover route and have 2.5K in the front (would like 3-3.5K) and 10.5K in the rear (used to have 15K but the rear end was going airborne), it's bumpy but fun
    I got 4kg/mm rears 6kg/mm front could trade rears if you want?

    As for the spring rate on the front get a higher rated (3.5kg/mm helper spring)


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •