Thread: 2016 Micra audio stereo head unit wire chart

Thanks

2016 Micra audio stereo head unit wire chart

Hi guys, I am planning to hook up a subwoof and AMP on factory stereo to my 2016 micra. Does anyone have wire chart information?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coffee1 View Post
    Hi guys, I am planning to hook up a subwoof and AMP on factory stereo to my 2016 micra. Does anyone have wire chart information?
    You need an aftermarket deck/harness unless you've bought or are buying a kit designed to tap into the factory wiring.

The limitations of the stock audio system don't really lend itself to that sort of setup, I wouldn't recommend it. You'd have to replace the speakers to try and keep up with any powered bass and even then the factory deck starts to break up around 30. Not to mention there's only 3 channel EQ built-in which is TERRIBLE. You'll never get it to sound good adding a subwoofer into the mix.

Get a cheap deck if you don't want to spend much money and then add a proper amp and subwoofer that way and toss pretty much any 6.5" aftermarket speakers in the doors and you'll have a decent well rounded setup.

Edit:
    You could wire an inline equalizer if you really want to keep the factory deck but it's a lot of hassle and configuration to do so for something with limited functionality to begin with.

Last edited by spacewolf; 10-15-2017 at 05:22 PM.