Thread: I like stuff with wheels

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

I like stuff with wheels

Hello Micra enthusiasts,

My name is Tim and I like to think of myself as an all around car enthusiast. I have at least some interest in almost everything that is out there. I like old and new vehicles alike.

Name:  f1.jpg
Views: 1015
Size:  78.6 KB

I'm currently restoring a 1951 Ford F1 pickup (foreground) that I love the styling and simplicity. But, I also daily drive a 2004 Toyota Prius (background) that I love the geeky technology of, and that I've modified to get even better gas mileage. Other than that, I also have a few other vehicles I tinker with including a couple motorcycles (1981 Honda CM400, and 1965 Honda 65).

Name:  3eze.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  65.5 KB

I'm looking forward to the Micra as its kind of a throw back to my first vehicle, a 1993 Toyota Tercel (I still have it, and am still playing with it as you can see above). They're both kind of bare bones transportation (though the Tercel much more so) that was plenty of fun and easy on the wallet. I'm happy to see more car choices like the Micra coming around.

Thanks
    Hello!

Is that a stock supercharger and intercooler? I am leaning towards no...is that car running yet?

Thanks
    Ha, nope it is my own creation. It is an Eaton M62 from a Mercedes C230 that I have shoehorned in place. The intercooler is from a Starion. Sadly, no, the car isn't running. This summer it WILL be on the road though... its been too many years since its moved beyond my driveway.

Thanks
    It looks like an awesome project. Good luck!

Is this car for mileage or going fast? Or both?

I have a 1971 Dart Swinger I am going to restore one day...hopefully...

Thanks
    Its an engineering exercise in combining both. I added the supercharger, but I also added a transmission with taller gearing for lower cruising rpm. There are several other plans for it to try to get the best of both worlds.

Thanks
    ahhh, another gear head. I suffer from the same disease. I have in my stable right now, A mazda 5 gt, Jeep JK unlimited modified for overland adventures, and suburban that I am modifying for family adventures, a 2001 Harley road glide screamin eagle, a Kawasaki versys adventure built motorcycle, a 2001 Arctic cat 500 atv and soon to the stable a new micra sr. The mazda will be leaving the stable then.

I suffer from severe gearheaditis, everything I own is modified to my liking with lifts/lowering power adders etc. nothing is stock!

Thanks
    Haha, yeah I know what you mean. The pickup isn't and won't be modified though, straight restoration work.

Thanks
    awwwww, boooooo! ha ha. chopped and channel'ed on airbags flat black with red steelie wheels and moon covers! you should consider it.

I cant leave anything stock as someone else has one like that.

My Harley has LOTS of chrome extras, 21" wheel in front, ported, polished, cammed, hi compression pistons and more. I am stripping it down to the frame over the winter, and powder coating ALOT of the parts, and painting the bike to rejuvenate it. It has a lot of miles. I do small engine repair and powdercoating/painting as a job now. So my rigs are advertising.
    Last edited by kojack; 05-28-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks
    Cool, you should post up some pics when you do it!

Thanks
    I will. I will get some photos of all the toys. the versys is pretty too. black and anodized yellow accessories.