Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: What Intake will Fit?!?!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Kelowna, BC
    Posts
    3
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Angry What Intake will Fit?!?!

    been searching for a intake for my 2017 Micra S , cannot find one anywhere . any know where to find one .



  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by colbpick View Post
    been searching for a intake for my 2017 Micra S , cannot find one anywhere . any know where to find one .
    The only one made to spec is MIA CUP CAR Intake.

    Other options are modding a versa note Intake to fit or custom.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...


  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Yukon
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    The only one made to spec is MIA CUP CAR Intake.

    Other options are modding a versa note Intake to fit or custom.
    This.

    There is no true CAI for our cars. It's stupid.

    I have one I'm running that I pieced together but it can't be replicated until I get a 3D printed inlet to go over the radiator support and have thoroughly tested it.

  4. #4
    Senior Member geodude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Richmond, B.C.
    Posts
    178
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
    The HPS Performance intake bolts right in with no mods. I have one.

    http://www.hpsperformanceproducts.co...-note-red.html
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

  5. #5
    Senior Member Chef Groleau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Abbotsford
    Posts
    139
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 61 Times in 36 Posts
    I too have to HPS intake. Very easy instalation.

    Any after market parts you seek. You have to search for parts for Nissan Versa. This is due to the Micra not being available in the USA. Canada is also one of the few market who get the Micra with the 1.6L motor.

    Boththe versa and micra run a same engine and most other parts on both cars are the same.

  6. #6
    Member Azmodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 36 Times in 23 Posts
    I just installed the versa intake (injen) it didn't take any modification, bolted right in where the instructions said it would lol

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 6.9 L/100 km ... 40.7 mpg (Imp) ... 14.4 km/L ... 33.9 mpg (US) ...


  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmodon View Post
    I just installed the versa intake (injen) it didn't take any modification, bolted right in where the instructions said it would lol
    Can you show us? Is yours and automatic?

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...


  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Groleau View Post
    I too have to HPS intake. Very easy instalation.

    Any after market parts you seek. You have to search for parts for Nissan Versa. This is due to the Micra not being available in the USA. Canada is also one of the few market who get the Micra with the 1.6L motor.

    Boththe versa and micra run a same engine and most other parts on both cars are the same.
    Can you show us

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...


  9. #9
    Member Azmodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 36 Times in 23 Posts
    I'll go take a picture right now - it's automatic, I will say that the hood 'just' touches the pleats of the filter - I'm going to replace or modify the vibramount that came with it to bring the filter a hair closer to the battery.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 6.9 L/100 km ... 40.7 mpg (Imp) ... 14.4 km/L ... 33.9 mpg (US) ...


  10. #10
    Member Azmodon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Niagara Falls Canada
    Posts
    98
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 36 Times in 23 Posts
    I have no idea if this is how image attachment works but, here goes lol

    Name:  21731413_740249544095_5683738523783091235_o.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  95.5 KB
    Name:  21730997_740249703775_4882140469043492585_n.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  89.1 KB

    basically the movement of the engine causes the intake to torque into the hood, a slight movement downwards will fix this - alternatively, a few good whacks of a ball peen to the inside of the hood would do the same :P


        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 6.9 L/100 km ... 40.7 mpg (Imp) ... 14.4 km/L ... 33.9 mpg (US) ...


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •