Thread: Dash cam installed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Dash cam installed

Finally got around and got it installed.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks
    Which dashcam is this?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    Which dashcam is this?
    Apeman C550

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01N4EAPOQ/...394800_TE_dp_1

I would get this one again(Auto-Vox A118C) since that it has a cover for the wires. Pretty much the same as the Apemen camera. No back camera though.

https://www.amazon.ca/AUTO-VOX-Dashb...words=Auto+vox
    Last edited by ABMicra17; 08-22-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Thanks
    Too bad it doesn't have r cameras to cover all angles. I seem to get hit alot in the parking lot from other drivers

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 10.0 L/100 km ... 28.4 mpg (Imp) ... 10.0 km/L ... 23.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgoedhard View Post
    Too bad it doesn't have r cameras to cover all angles. I seem to get hit alot in the parking lot from other drivers
    If you wanted to get all angles then you would have to get a camera for every window. I found for the cost of that it's not worth it, even if the camera's were cheap. The back camera quality isn't that great but I didn't have any expectations of it either. A lot of back camera's(like mine) had holes so you could drill. No way I was doing that. The thing is that the body of the car sits higher with black stuff(not sure what it's called) around the window. There was a small gap between the top, back of the window and the body so I had to put something in there to make the camera lower to see out the window and not be covered by the black stuff. If you get close enough to the back you can clearly see I have a camera. If you're going to coming that close to my car, car or person then more likely then not you're not suppose to be there.

Thanks
    I did spot this Micra behind me today. I think a guy in a truck seen the camera and rod my ass because he thought it was funny, or he had somewhere important to be. Either way, not cool.

Attachment 3973
    Last edited by ABMicra17; 08-22-2017 at 06:25 PM.

Thanks
    i feel naked if i dont have a dashcam. and it is not that hard to install, you dont have to remove the a pillar covers, just "push" the wire into the gap between the windshield and the a pillar cover. i did hardwire mine by tapping into cigarette lighter, but you could just run a adapter into the lighter (a bit unsightly... a cigarette lighter plug).

PS above link deosnt work ?
    2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!