Thread: Maybe I should put this on?

Thanks

Maybe I should put this on?

Hey everyone!

I was going through one of my tool bags this morning from my last car and I found my 9.3"(I think it is) light bar that I had installed on my last car back in December of 2015. Christmas vacation from work and I was really bored. I was also thinking of maybe making my Mirca, Micra Cupish.

*** I do know it's illegal to run one of these(while on) on city roads, highways etc. I am doing it for looks then function. Also, I'm bored watching the eclipse and looking for things to do on MIA.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Where would you mount it?

(Search the forum for my aversion to doing roof-mounted anything because of the out-sized hit to fuel economy. Yeah, I'm talking about fuel economy again! )

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    PS: I watched the progress of the eclipse through my welding mask, periodically. I thought it was pretty cool!

You almost needed an LED light bar, it got so dark out!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Behind the upper grille if there is clearance??
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    At the moment I am not sure where I am going to mount it. Since that winter is coming and I do my work outside, I don't have a lot of time to figure things out.

I am not sure if there is space behind the top grill or not, I am going to look today and see. If I am going to put it on I'd rather mount it in front of the grill. The thing is that it's not going to be flush in anything, so it's going to stick out.

Thanks
    Aerodynamically, sticking out in front of the grille/bumper is better than roof-mounted. Behind the grille is best.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Aerodynamically, sticking out in front of the grille/bumper is better than roof-mounted. Behind the grille is best.
    Roof mounted on a car would be, um, ugly. With being behind the grill does it lessen the light?

Thanks
    It'd reduce the light some going through the grille. I'd try it and see how much.