Thread: Classic K10 Micra with an interesting story shown at the Montreal launch

Thanks

Classic K10 Micra with an interesting story shown at the Montreal launch

Name:  abc-micra.jpg
Views: 849
Size:  51.4 KB

AutoBlog posted this "leak", so I'm posting a link to their photos:

https://www.facebook.com/AutoblogCan...31710323576041

They didn't leak the really interesting part: there's a neat story behind this specific K10.

One hint: when you hear/see the story, you may be motivated to keep your K13 in immaculate condition.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    To be honest, I'd choose the K10 styling. I wish I had bought my K10 new; I would've kept it immaculate.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    And we know if you'd bought new, you would have bought the manual, just like the lady who bought this one all those years ago.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So what's the interesting story??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    And we know if you'd bought new, you would have bought the manual, just like the little old lady who bought this one.
    I bought it with the car used. Frustrating thing is, I remember seeing it when we moved to our new house three years ago, and I could swear I remember which box it was packed in. I'm starting to wonder if my wife got rid of it in our last purge.

In any case, I always wished I had bought it new; I would have bought it in stick shift and kept it immaculate. It was still in great shape when I got it, but certainly not as good as the one pictured above. I'll definitely be parking my new Micra in the garage.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    OH, I meant "manual transmission."

I would have bought it in stick shift and kept it immaculate.
    And here's what happened to the lucky K10 owner who did just that...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

AlphaMicra (05-16-2014)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Very cool story!

Thanks
    Woohoo - her new one is a manual transmission too.

They just put out a press release about it:

MISSISSAUGA, ON. – Today, Nissan released video content capturing an extraordinary moment for one of its most loyal customers, Ms. Karen Ackroyd. Some days ago, Karen Ackroyd drove to her local Nissan dealership – Alta Nissan in Woodbridge – for the sole reason of participating in an interview on her experience with her 1987 Nissan Micra. The nature of the interview took a new direction when Karen unexpectedly received the keys to a brand-new 2015 Nissan Micra - hand-delivered to her by Christian Meunier, president of Nissan Canada Inc.

The Nissan Micra was previously sold in Canada between 1985-1992. After conducting extensive consumer, product and market research for over three years, Nissan concluded the Micra should return to Canada considering the strong market for what Micra offers – European styling, Japanese quality and unbeatable value. Karen Ackroyd took delivery of her 1987 Nissan Micra in December 1986. When Karen first learned the Micra would be coming back to Canada, she was excited, and felt it was the right vehicle to replace her 1987 model.

"When Micra first launched in Canada in the early '80s, it was touted as having 'major headroom and visibility,' being "fun to drive' and 'the newest and most affordable Nissan.' Almost three decades later, these traits remain absolutely true for the new Nissan Micra," says Christian Meunier, president of Nissan Canada Inc. "It's wonderful to see a dedicated fan of the first Micra model in Canada come full circle. The 2015 model is hugely upgraded in terms of modern amenities, safety and technology features, but the core Micra characteristics are still there."

In the Alta Nissan community, Karen is famous for her '87 Micra, and for how well she takes care of it, aptly nicknaming it "Baby." At the time of the new Micra's delivery to Karen, her 1987 Nissan Micra had an odometer reading of over 125,000 kilometres, and staff at all levels of the dealership admired the pristine condition the car was in after 27 years of driving it nearly every day.

"Karen took such great care of her 'Baby' for over 25 years and when she heard we were bringing Micra back to Canada, she told us she would be excited to get behind the wheel of a new one," says Gabriel Paniccia, general manager of Alta Nissan. "We are very appreciative of Karen's loyalty, not only to the brand, and the Alta Nissan dealership, but also to the Micra itself. Therefore, it gives me immense delight to participate in this wonderful surprise for Karen Ackroyd, a long-time member of the Nissan Canada family."

When asked about how Karen managed to have a car from the '80's looking and operating brand-new, Karen's immediate response was, "It's simple, routine maintenance. I cannot stress how important it is to have your oil and filter changed on a regular basis at a certified dealership. If you listen to your dealer, and service your vehicle as-needed, then your car should last! In almost 30 years, my Micra has never given me trouble – never broken down on the road, and I've haven't had an expensive service bill."

The new model Karen received is a 2015 Nissan Micra SV with manual transmission.

"I believe Karen is going to love the 2015 Micra as much, if not more than, her 1987 Micra, concluded Christian Meunier. "It was a very special pleasure for me to be the one to personally deliver Karen her 'Baby 2', and start the next chapter in this exceptional customer loyalty story."

For more information on the 2015 Nissan Micra, please visit: Micra9998.ca
    Source: http://nissannews.com/en-CA/nissan/c...-of-a-lifetime

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    OH, I meant "manual transmission."
    LOL, that's hilarious...I was looking for that manual last night and couldn't find it...it's all I was thinking about, and that's why I read it that way...I did, however, find my original sunshade I bought for my Micra; maybe Nissan will replace that with a new one?

My wife saw that video, and snorted with disgust; "They gave her a Micra for free, but they still didn't give you the one you paid for?"

Maybe I should buy her old '87 from her...

Thanks
    Well... I think Nissan traded her the K13 for the '87.

But maybe they'll sell it to you. At least we know it's in stock!