Thread: Does the Micra's have TPMS? (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

Thanks

Does the Micra's have TPMS? (Tire Pressure Monitoring System)

Hey everyone!

You would think because the Micra is new in Canada that it would have TMPS. I then think of the price point of how they(Nissan) wants it to be cost effective I wouldn't think it would have it.

Thoughts.

Thanks
    No TPMS.

I agree: it's likely just a cost-saving move.

But it's probably going to be made mandatory equipment at some point in the future.

Like rear view cameras becoming standard equipment next year on the Micra (and all new cars):
    Thread: Back-up cameras mandatory on all new cars for 2018, says Transport Canada

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Good. I find it annoying. Vehicles don't need camera, people just need to learn how to drive. The Micra doesn't need a camera. Just look behind you like you were taught

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ABMicra17 View Post
    Good. I find it annoying. Vehicles don't need camera, people just need to learn how to drive. The Micra doesn't need a camera. Just look behind you like you were taught
    Amen to that!!!! All this so called safety equipment is making people feel safe while being way worse drivers!!

Thanks
    ^ The stats are starting to demonstrate this. The more safety nannies a car has, the less a driver relies on their own skill/judgment.

Autonomous Features Are Making Everyone a Worse Driver

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    People are going to become stupid enough to think that if something happens the car companies are going to take the blame if the car is in an accident. There was a time before back up camera's didn't have a disclaimer on them, they do now. Evolving technology is great but it's going to be the "stupid" who are going to test those limits of that technology. I'm sure at some point, or hasn't already been said, "car companies are enabling people to do this." Wrong. Dealership isn't telling you to go and do this, you make the choice as the person behind the wheel, not the company that sold you the car.

Thanks
    I'm honestly so glad that our Micras don't have TPMS sensors. There's a bad TPMS sensor on our other vehicle that has been there since we bought it used (drives me crazy but luckily it's not my DD). Replacing the tires on it today coincidentally but I don't care to spend 120$ replacing all the sensors. People should always get into the habit of checking their tires regularly especially before trips. TPMS is not a replacement for this, it's just annoying, especially considering how often they don't function properly.

I even find automatics make worse/lazier drivers. I know I drive less engaged when using an automatic. Don't even get me started on lane cams, backup cams, automatic safety breaking, automatic blah blah blah. If you don't want to drive just take the damn bus lol.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    I'm honestly so glad that our Micras don't have TPMS sensors. There's a bad TPMS sensor on our other vehicle that has been there since we bought it used (drives me crazy but luckily it's not my DD). Replacing the tires on it today coincidentally but I don't care to spend 120$ replacing all the sensors. People should always get into the habit of checking their tires regularly especially before trips. TPMS is not a replacement for this, it's just annoying, especially considering how often they don't function properly.

I even find automatics make worse/lazier drivers. I know I drive less engaged when using an automatic. Don't even get me started on lane cams, backup cams, automatic safety breaking, automatic blah blah blah. If you don't want to drive just take the damn bus lol.
    Yeah go on the bus. You can drink your coffee, read, and someone else can do the driving. Its an otomomous vehicle, it's called public transit. Or take a cab

Thanks
    I can confirm there are no TPMS sensors on my 2016 stock rims.
    Here is a picture of the tire valve to prove it.
    I have heard some modern cars do not have the sensors & rely on the ABS wheel speed feedback
    to report if a tire has low pressure.
    Not sure if the Micra has this feature, if it did I assume it would send a message to the dashboard info screen
    if a problem was detected.

Name:  Micra Wheel Valve.jpg
Views: 1953
Size:  80.8 KB