Thread: Why do you doors lock when driving?

Thanks

Why do you doors lock when driving?

Hey everyone!

Since that I got my 17' Micra I've always wondered why the doors look when I am driving? I am driving other new cars in the last 5 years and none of them have done this. Can anyone explain?

Thanks!

Thanks
    I figured it's for safety so you don't have people getting in and/or out of the vehicle in an unauthorized manner while you're behind the wheel. You can disable it though. I personally find it kind of annoying, especially when you're going to pick someone up.
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I thought that the door locking was for people who lived in bad neighbourhoods. They wouldn't have to worry about some guy pulling the door open while they were stopped at a light. I find it a pain in the neck. I asked at the dealership what was the code to disable it and nobody knew until a mechanic came out of the bay . He said "It has to be reprogrammed. Other cars you can do it with button presses. Not the micra."

I was able to get them to help my disable the irritating BEEP when you lock the doors with the remote. Hold down the lock and unlock buttons for 3-4 seconds. To get the BEEP back repeat the procedure.

Thanks
    my 2015 honda fit does exactly the same thing, i think with electronics it is very easy for them to program all sorts of "bells and whistles"...my MICRA...the base model...has no such problems!...manual door locks...LOL.

2015 Micra S (manual)
    no A/C /no power options/ block heater/4x 2 Ohm speakers...all factory stock in 2015
    Feb 2015 build
    9,999 purchase price + tax..no additional 1600$ because it was a 2015 purchased in 2016
    so receipt says $8,399....+1600 .... so they look good i guess...for a brand new car!