Thread: My second engine replacement : this time by me

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My second engine replacement : this time by me

The tapping sound in the bottom end is back.
    1850-2150 rpm it shakes and taps loudly.
    It's an inline 4cyl, is balanced at all times it shouldn't shake.

I've procured a replacement hr16de engine and trans with all sensors and harness and axels.

I will be replacing it myself. ( &^%$ your warranty Nissan )

Never have I ever had issues like this in 17years of driving.
    The worst problem I've ever had was my 1994 Volvo 850 turbo with 300k kms

And was upgrading the turbo knowing I had an older engine and did no tuning.
    Pop goes the HG. Dur. Half expected it.

But that it. I've driven cars 70,000km a year and no issues my moms maxima was bought with 15,000km on it
    And we got rid of it last year with 260,000km no engine issues

It this brand new car ... second engine.

I'm starting to feel like there is a reason it not sold in the states.
    If you've heard about the vw issue, in Canada, the compensation is bull*#&(, and the owners are taking the hit with thousands in negative equity and it's their loss. In the US, full buy back.

Kinda has me thinking. When you consider the market demographic for these cars it's even easier to see how
    They could sluff off and warrantable claims as "owner responsible" and talk their way out of it and get service sales out of it ( speculation ) that's if the issues are even noticeable to the untrained eye/ear.

I had a tech tell me nothing was wrong and then 2 mins later said yup I hear it and thena senior tech listened for 2 second and said yup replace the engine, and said bottom end / possible con rod bearing or piston slap.
    Next day it's valves - master tech - no notes - no diagnostic - no report - no inspection
    Just take your car now for free no charge or could cost you 1000's ...

Doesn't sound sketchy at all right??!!?!

I mean when they TELL YOU before hand you (and ask you for authorization) could have a bill because you drove hard, and if they open it and see that your on the hook, it doesn't sound like they wanna fix it they just wanna find something to bill you for.

As soon as you authorize something billable you'd better expect a bill.
    What I took from this ( especially since they directed me to go to Guelph ) is that they don't want to work on it and if they do they will no even try for a warranty claim. Why would they, you authorized it. Right?!?

But I dont fall for this stuff.

For some background 401-Dixie Nissan regularly hosed my mom for brakes.

They would flip the caliper up and replace stuff but the glide/slide/caliper bolt ( whatever term u use)
    Was never greased or replaced so it was constantly seized and lead to the brakes wearing unevenly and not operating properly and gouged her every time and never replaced the $5 bolt which would have fixed the issue.

$$$

They also sent me to the used car lot to purchase the micra with a sub prime loan.. ������

So I bought cash in full at Guelph.

Anyways.

So I'm replacing the engine myself at my expense.
    If you want to see something on these engine up close let me know. I'm ripping my engine apart and sending
    The damaged parts to Nissan Canada and I'm going to shame them on social media. I will be looking into
    Consumer protection act and various other options and staying away from the nismo Sentra.

I've been researching juke engine issues and there are just too many to warrant $30k with Nissan playing games
    With "hassle free warranty" not worth it.

I'm going back to used or imports probably older cars with no need to upkeep emissions. (Pre-1997 2 speed idle)
    And modify anyways I want!

My micra will be gutted and used as I see fit.. I expect tickets for loudness and environment act (*&^( it!
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 08-29-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: (language censor!)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

MightyMicra (08-08-2017)