Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: My second engine replacement : this time by me

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My second engine replacement : this time by me

The tapping sound in the bottom end is back.
    1850-2150 rpm it shakes and taps loudly.
    It's an inline 4cyl, is balanced at all times it shouldn't shake.

I've procured a replacement hr16de engine and trans with all sensors and harness and axels.

I will be replacing it myself. ( &^%$ your warranty Nissan )

Never have I ever had issues like this in 17years of driving.
    The worst problem I've ever had was my 1994 Volvo 850 turbo with 300k kms

And was upgrading the turbo knowing I had an older engine and did no tuning.
    Pop goes the HG. Dur. Half expected it.

But that it. I've driven cars 70,000km a year and no issues my moms maxima was bought with 15,000km on it
    And we got rid of it last year with 260,000km no engine issues

It this brand new car ... second engine.

I'm starting to feel like there is a reason it not sold in the states.
    If you've heard about the vw issue, in Canada, the compensation is bull*#&(, and the owners are taking the hit with thousands in negative equity and it's their loss. In the US, full buy back.

Kinda has me thinking. When you consider the market demographic for these cars it's even easier to see how
    They could sluff off and warrantable claims as "owner responsible" and talk their way out of it and get service sales out of it ( speculation ) that's if the issues are even noticeable to the untrained eye/ear.

I had a tech tell me nothing was wrong and then 2 mins later said yup I hear it and thena senior tech listened for 2 second and said yup replace the engine, and said bottom end / possible con rod bearing or piston slap.
    Next day it's valves - master tech - no notes - no diagnostic - no report - no inspection
    Just take your car now for free no charge or could cost you 1000's ...

Doesn't sound sketchy at all right??!!?!

I mean when they TELL YOU before hand you (and ask you for authorization) could have a bill because you drove hard, and if they open it and see that your on the hook, it doesn't sound like they wanna fix it they just wanna find something to bill you for.

As soon as you authorize something billable you'd better expect a bill.
    What I took from this ( especially since they directed me to go to Guelph ) is that they don't want to work on it and if they do they will no even try for a warranty claim. Why would they, you authorized it. Right?!?

But I dont fall for this stuff.

For some background 401-Dixie Nissan regularly hosed my mom for brakes.

They would flip the caliper up and replace stuff but the glide/slide/caliper bolt ( whatever term u use)
    Was never greased or replaced so it was constantly seized and lead to the brakes wearing unevenly and not operating properly and gouged her every time and never replaced the $5 bolt which would have fixed the issue.

$$$

They also sent me to the used car lot to purchase the micra with a sub prime loan.. ������

So I bought cash in full at Guelph.

Anyways.

So I'm replacing the engine myself at my expense.
    If you want to see something on these engine up close let me know. I'm ripping my engine apart and sending
    The damaged parts to Nissan Canada and I'm going to shame them on social media. I will be looking into
    Consumer protection act and various other options and staying away from the nismo Sentra.

I've been researching juke engine issues and there are just too many to warrant $30k with Nissan playing games
    With "hassle free warranty" not worth it.

I'm going back to used or imports probably older cars with no need to upkeep emissions. (Pre-1997 2 speed idle)
    And modify anyways I want!

My micra will be gutted and used as I see fit.. I expect tickets for loudness and environment act (*&^( it!
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 08-29-2017 at 02:10 PM. Reason: (language censor!)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

MightyMicra (08-08-2017)

I reviewed the Nissan Canada warranty, camvap and consumer protection act.

I understand why they (stealership) are implying hard use and such.
    Racing / misuse / voids warranty.

Here's the thing. The onus is on them to PROVE that it is damage resulting from that and not manufacturers defect.

Ie if my suspension set up damaged my tie rod or ball joint
    Not my tires destoried my bottom end. ( the tires are connected to several other components and thus all components should be sufficiently damaged.. clutch disc, bearing, cv joint etc.

My intake doesn't damage valves ... the airflow is managed via ecu/throttle body/ Maf. The filter element doesn't control air flow, just cleaning.

Also the part mention "modifications" in the warranty is vague. Like literally says modifications.
    Also it's location within the warranty booklet makes it vary open to interpretation.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well this bites.

I assume you've ruled out visiting a different dealer?

So often the willingness to do certain warranty repairs seems to come down to the individual dealership. I suspect you could find a member who would recommend their shop.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Well this bites.

So often the willingness to do certain warranty repairs seems to come down to the individual dealership. I suspect you could find a member who would recommend their shop.
    Well this bites.

ya i will go to guelph nissan where i bought the car. but im just do my due diligence to make a camvap claim.
    the last time i feel was unreasonable length of time to test and this time i taking it in with the expectations that they dragh their heels and ***** an moan again.

then i can have my self sourced replacement installed by me. rip out the damaged parts and send them to nissan canada for replacement and reimbursement thru camvap .

im done playing these game and ****.

the onus is on them to prove that the part installed "directly" damaged the other part. which they cant, but they sure as hell tried to get me to pay for their exploritory inspection. which they are to do at there cost and if found to be my fault, get authorization for me to pay, or put abck together to aloow me to get a second opinion. nissan has lied before stating that the inspection must come from a nissan train tech. ;lie! no it doesnt.

but to attempt to get authorization for billable hours when there is no estimate or diagnostics or report or anyhting is absolutley rediculous.

how dumb do they think i am??!

heres a blank cheque with my signature please fix my car.. god they would have rippped my car apart and built it from scratch and cost me more then a new one... (potentially) like the only ballpark was "our labour rate is $120/hr plus tax so could be an hour before i find your responsible could be 8 hr or more.. before i find you responsible " which is exactly how it felt. they were only interested in finding a reason to deny the claim at my expense... pathetic

nice hassle free warrenty guys.

i love nissan cars but absolutely hate how they conduct business here.

how the hell are you going to convince me to buy a more expensive sedan if you cant take care of my basic needs without trying to bend me over

Picking up my self sourced replacement engine tomorrow.
    Kinda wondering how I'm going to unload it once I'm back at my house?!?
    I figure it's gotta weight 350lbs with the trans?!

Thanks
    That's probably about right.

Suzuki 1.0 weighs ~135 lbs. Trans is another ~65 = 200

Have you heard this engine run?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

That's probably about right.

Suzuki 1.0 weighs ~135 lbs. Trans is another ~65 = 200

Have you heard this engine run?
    The engine is already out. The donor car was rear ended. 17,000km
    Currently in storage locker.

Discussions about its quality will be made in person.

Too easy to lie via text.

The seller is looking for a auto SR micra.

So maybe he didn't like the manual?! Or just wants a/c lol

We will see tonight. But I will say this. For $500

Includes whole engine w/trans and axels still connected.
    All sensors and harness intact. T/b , Intake , air box everything..
    and the rad fan. Technically the ad states the cluster as well. But he said cluster is $150.
    I'll talk to him about that. I said I'd take everything listed for $500.00
    I don't really care. There is tonnes of money ( value ) left in the engine.

It manual so niche , it's in a storage locker costing him monthly. Not many ppl need a used private sale micra engine as most still have a warranty .. so the price actually makes sense to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    You could also rebuild the bottom end of your engine and sell it.

Though with used prices like that, I wonder if it's even worth it.

You could also rebuild the bottom end of your engine and sell it.

Though with used prices like that, I wonder if it's even worth it.
    once i see iut ill know more.

but yes the intention is to use swap engines, remove the damaged bits, forward damaged bit to nissan for replacement
    then have a good engine sitting there. maybe swap back into my car and then refresh the other engine.

but maybe just have a parts engine / trans ..?@!!!? i dunno.. to early to tell

Here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images