Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
The boost setting on the factory deck for AUX input is a must, I think I have mine set to 2.

Why would iTunes be defaulting to .WAV? Are you using iTunes on Windows? Performance for iTunes on Windows is pretty terrible IMHO but it has the ability to convert between file types natively. You should be able to convert what you have downloaded in your library to .mp3, mpeg-4 or .m4a. Conversely, Windows Media player has the same conversion features built in so you could use that as well to convert and burn mp3 CDs (if you are indeed on Windows).
My AUX is on the max setting for both using the phone and using cd's. I run a Macbook Pro 2011 early edition. For some reason when I buy new songs from iTunes and because of the format they are in, they say "error" when I go to burn them to a CD in Mp3. I have been trying to find a decent converter to Mp3 and that hasn't really panned out. Most of the songs I have on my computer are already converted to Mp3 from long ago doing it, never thinking I'd have to use the format again. I think that iTunes use to convert songs if you are doing an Mp3 CD but I'm not 100% certain. Since that doing a .Wav format CD is simple and I know I won't have compatibility issues with the OEM radio or the songs, I have just been doing that. I know for long trips doing .Wav CDS are a pain since that there is hardly any songs on it compared to a Mp3 Cd.