Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where did you get your mud flaps from?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    I have the full set, (but bought from China, not Canada) and the fronts clip for the most part just clipped on using the stock holes. I haven't convinced myself to drill into the rear bumper yet.
    My only fear about drilling into the back bumper is cracking(spidering) from the plastic over time.

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    Canadian Tire Premier Fit plastic splash guards, $11.99 a pair (so about $24 for 4):

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/pr...8817p.html#srp

That was about 2 years ago when we first bought the Little Guy, so far they're doing a great job of protecting his underside from rock chips and other debris (we did some light off-roading with him in Death Valley in Feb 2017). They are still quite secure, no cracks or rips, a little dirty but hey they're splash guards...

My only complaint is that because they're rigid & not flexible, be careful what you're climbing over (scraped them a few times on curbs but they still haven't fallen off)...

We had one of the techs install them for us while Little Guy was up on the hoist for an oil change, used the existing pre-existing screw holes in the front fenders and drilled holes in the rear bumper for the back ones...
    Nice!

Thanks
    I got mine from nissanparts.ca. (website is down right now).
    I actually emailed them asking if drilling was required because I was worried about rust.
    They answered "no drilling required", which is not true (the front ones don't, rears do)
    Since the holes are drilled in plastic anyways I realized it doesn't matter, Ha Ha.
    I like the way they fit & the black plastic seems to match my white car well.
    I have yet to find out if the mini rooster tails out the back while driving in the rain are gone.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimwilly View Post
    I got mine from nissanparts.ca. (website is down right now).
    I actually emailed them asking if drilling was required because I was worried about rust.
    They answered "no drilling required", which is not true (the front ones don't, rears do)
    Since the holes are drilled in plastic anyways I realized it doesn't matter, Ha Ha.
    I like the way they fit & the black plastic seems to match my white car well.
    I have yet to find out if the mini rooster tails out the back while driving in the rain are gone.
    Do you have pictures and a price?

Thanks
    According to the invoice I paid $103.85 with taxes & shipping.
    I included the installation documents FYI.
    It was actually a good experience to get the jack out & remove each rear tire for the 1st time on this car.
    I plan to re-torque the lug nuts to 83 ft-lbs after driving >100Kms.
    Attached Images Attached Images       

Thanks
    Got the same ones. I'm happy with them.
    Get your MICRA-FORUM.com decal HERE!!

Micra Meets: Loyalist Pkwy '15, '16 | Classique d'automne '15 '16 '17 '18 | Forks of the Credit '16 | Mosport '16 '17 '18

Thanks
    I'd love those for winter

Thanks
    Looks great.

Thanks
    I purchased a set from Canadian Tire PowerFlow Profit. The style was #1 for the front and #2 for the rear. Somewhere around $50 and tax. Fit fine and I removed the front push pin clips on the front inner fender and replaced them with a little longer ones of the same style , used 1 screw from the install hardware package in the lower plastic inner fender. The rear ones I had to drill the rear bumper lip and use 2 of the install screws and 1 smaller shorter screw near the bottom of the plastic bumper lip. I'm happy with the end result. I choose these as the Nissan OEM splash guards were shorter and very expensive. In NL the cost was $112.44 not including 15% HST for a set of 4 which I thought were not going serve as well due to the length below the rocker panels.Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1133
Size:  89.7 KBName:  1.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  89.3 KB
    Last edited by MrJ; 03-09-2018 at 02:05 PM.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Nice stuff you got there.