Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Developing a MAF sensor housing for custom air intakes (Micra / Versa)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daox View Post
    Woohoo, glad to see everything fit up great and that its working with no CEL. Thanks for testing Spacewolf!

As for the splitting issue, that should be an easy fix. In order to keep the print time down, I decreased the density of the part. This speeds up printing, but reduces part strength. I will simply increase the part density and give that a try. I would rather not use metal inserts as more handling time will increase the part cost. The other MAF housing I make has never had an issue with splitting and does not use inserts. If worst comes to worst of course I can do it. It will just increase the cost.

I will print up another one and send it off to you to try out.
    Awesome Daox! You're the man! I'm loving the current setup. Just picked out and ordered a catch can to add to it as per IMPUL's suggestion. Still trying to do up a passable 3D model for a better inlet to go across the rad support.

It really wants to break free from a stop I particularly notice it from 1k-3k where the tune may have bogged under certain acceleration conditions before but it's much eager to wind up/out now.

Thanks
    Haven't updated either of these threads in a while.

I've been running Daox's for about 1200 kms with the custom intake and it has been awesome. No codes, doesn't appear to be running lean (waiting on an odb2 reader to arrive to confirm). I've actually gained some km/l since installing it and I've been running the car harder. Though it could just be from higher average kms driven so I'd take that with a grain of salt.

After $50 and over two months I received the Chinese MAF mount:

It's hard to see in the pictures but even after trying to fix it it is still bent to **** (image below is a smashed up oval).

I haven't bothered to test fit it. When Daox's updated one arrives I'll probably just test fit the sensor into the Chinese one out of curiousity but I doubt it will ever be used. Do NOT recommend.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to spacewolf For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (09-12-2017)