Thread: Is it easy to install a block heater on the Micra?

Thanks

Is it easy to install a block heater on the Micra?

Hey everyone!
    I didn't realize until after I bought my Micra and did a looking around that I couldn't find the block heater cord. I talked to the dealership that I got the car from and they wanted $250.00 to get the part and install it. I've done my own oil changes, tires changes on vehicles etc. I was wondering how easy would it be to install the block heater myself?

Thanks
    I don't think anybody here has done one yet, since the Micra USED to come with the block heater standard for the first couple of
    years it was on sale.

Your best bet might be to search on the Nissan Versa forums for 1.6L factory block heater installations. I did a quick search, and found some references to people installing "Canadian spec" OEM heaters.

If it's like some other OEM ones that I've seen, the heater may be a simple "cartridge" style that plugs into a cavity in the block, which makes it very easy to do.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I know they don't come with them by default currently but are a dealer installed option. Nissan where I live installs them on every vehicle they get. I haven't taken a good look at mine yet but I'd put money on it just screwing into a drain plug or similar.

If the dealer can do it on every new car coming in the door, you can easily do it. Just ask for the part number from your local Nissan.
    If you need a hand locating the installation point I can take a look and post some pictures from mine.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to spacewolf For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-25-2017)

Thanks
    I am never buying an other Nissan product....
    Took 3 years of going to the dealer almost weekly to get them to top up my oil. Before they finally admitted that 4litres between oil change is not normal oil consumption.
    When they finally replaced the engine a while back. i asked to get a block heater installed, as I do end up working up north from time to time.

Dealer had no issues taking my money, tonight I was replacing my air filter, I noticed they installed in the cord for the block heater, but they never put in the actual block heater in....

Thanks
    No kidding! If that was intentional, I'm afraid I have to give them bonus points for creative deception.

Too bad you had such a bad experience with the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Publish dealer name then. Both your problems are dealer related problems not manufacturer. Even though first problem is engine problem but due to dealership poor service bet nissan didnt even knew about the problem.

Thanks
    That dealer is no longer in business I wonder why... On the plus side of things with the 30°-45° temperature weve been having out here... A block heater is the last thing i need.

The car it self i enjoy, especially since the new engine was installed, absolutely no oil usage.
    My favorite interaction with the service department by the my car was going through 3 litres of oil between service : "Nissan Canada does not consider this a abnormal oil consumption" when i asked how much they considered abnormal. He answered "I have no idea"

Thanks
    Next time go all the way through Bbb and consumer protection agency the court. Always fight if u think u are right! I personally helped too many of my neighbors when i had time last year cos of lockdowns and everybody got attention and got compensated for problems they were having with their cars.