Thread: Hello from Edmonton (prospective micra buyer)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

Talking Hello from Edmonton (prospective micra buyer)

Hello All!

I've been following the forum for a while since becoming interested in the Micra last year. We finally test drove the 2017 Nissan manual option yesterday, and then the Mitsubishi mirage as well. Since we want a bare bones manual car for strictly commuting around the city, we will end up going with the more wallet friendly base model Micra with no added options.

I have an opinion question, since 2018 vehicles in Canada will require backup cameras (I realize we will hardly use it, but still it's an extra that may be nice to have and I assume may mean a more modern infotainment system), do you think it's better to hold off on buying a Micra until the 2018s come out and deciding then. We're hoping for similar pricing as the current year models.

Also, do I have any negotiation room with these? I realize these are budget cars, but did any other buyers have any luck with getting anything throw in (some accessories, or maybe a set of winter tires), or having them come down on the price at all?

-A
    Last edited by velame; 06-26-2017 at 04:28 PM. Reason: add in a question