Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hello from Edmonton (prospective micra buyer)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by velame View Post
    Well, we didn't wait until September lol. We bought the base model yesterday, a red, 2017 Micra S (no added options). We got an awesome deal with the manufacture's rebate of $2000 on any 2017 Micras financed through NCF, and I was able to stack a $500 loyalty rebate (I own the 08 sentra we previously financed through NCF) on top of that! They didn't throw anything extra in for us, which was fine and what I expected due to all the $$$ we saved.

We walked away with the total price being 9657.10, (they had the car posted on their website for 11,588). I feel really good about the car buying experience we had at the west end Nissan dealership we went to. We pick it up tomorrow evening!

(To get the full $2000 rebate from Nissan, we have to keep the loan with NCF for the 6 month minimum, and then we will be financing through the bank I work for at a good staff rate, and pay them out. It was either get $500 less of a rebate if we financed on our own, but it's worth it to us to pay them the higher interest rate of 5.74 for the 6 months and then pay the loan out.)

So, just an update but more on the service we received from the dealership. I filled out the Nissan survey that was emailed to us, that focuses on the dealership and service we got. I was honest in what we were and were not happy with, and they made it right for us in the end after they got the survey answers we were given the following: a full detail, a tank of gas, and front, rear, and cargo mats, the all weather mats they installed are those great Nissan branded version of Weather Tech (we were not expecting those at all, we thought they'd just install the cheaper ones). I know the cost of what they gave us wasn't that high for them (the owner of the dealership also owns the detailing business they use), but we appreciated it.

The issues (which I will try and shorten to the point)I talked about on the survey are:
    -we were continuously told we weren't making them any money by getting such a good deal on this car, in fact the sales manager told us they were losing money on it because of us, which had us feeling like cheap a*holes and that we weren't valued as customers
    -being told we had to add some $599 + tax dealership customer care package to have our car detailed fully for pick up (with 2 oil changes and maybe something else small was included), which means when we picked up our new car it was NOT professionally detailed, still had the factory stickers and glue from the stickers on it, and poplar tree fluff all over, the salesman told us that he was the one who had to clean it and the reason was b\c we didn't add on the package. The package was originally added into the cost of our car when I was negotiating when I never asked for it, so I felt that was a bit sneaky.
    -there was a couple small scratches on the hood of the car when we picked it up, which we then had to book in for and get them to fix, which meant it was our time wasted in having to bring the car back to them on a weekday, which just sucked with our work schedules.

Thanks
    You were right to comment honestly on the surveys.

Everything I've read indicates the dealerships take those post-sale surveys VERY seriously, because they are used by Nissan Canada head office to reward/penalize dealerships.

Glad they took care of you in the end.

(Though wouldn't it have been easier for them to just do it right in the first place??)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    You were right to comment honestly on the surveys.

Everything I've read indicates the dealerships take those post-sale surveys VERY seriously, because they are used by Nissan Canada head office to reward/penalize dealerships.

Glad they took care of you in the end.

(Though wouldn't it have been easier for them to just do it right in the first place??)

oh yeah, I believe they are rated as one of the top dealerships in the city for this reason.

I previously bought my Sentra at a different dealership in YEG and had the absolute worst experience buying in 2008 and even they didn't make it right for me and I found them to be way worse to deal with when I did voice my concerns. The manager who emailed me back regarding the Micra was great, and he emailed me pretty quickly after I submitted my survey (within 1-2 days), he was thorough, embarrassed and apologetic.

He originally offered everything above, but I boldly asked for the cargo mat as well when I replied to him, and he said yes!

I mostly find it kind of funny because I tried to negotiate all weather mats thrown in with the car, but they wouldn't budge, and now I have them anyways from them.