Thread: Changing rear wiper

Thanks

Changing rear wiper

Hello,

This might seem like a silly question, but, does anyone know how to change the rear window wiper on a 2015 S model Micra? The front windshield wipers are easy to change, the back one...not so much, even the wiper arm is plastic instead of metal. I checked the owners manual and it shows you how to change the front wipers, however, the manual states that you have to take the vehicle to a Nissan dealership to change the back wiper. Has anyone dealt with this issue?

Thanks
    Hi Jdub,

This is what you need : https://www.amazon.ca/Trico-12-B-Exa.../dp/B001KS2PYK

Rear wiper type is 12B. You can find it at Canadian Tire. Make sure you pick 12B, because you will find 12A, 12B, 12C, and 12B is the right fit for the Micra. As easy to change as the front wipers

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Papapoil For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-23-2018)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I don't {yet} own a MICRA, but this may be what you are looking for https://www.ezwipers.com/wipers/Niss...15/change/rear

In case that doesn't work, here is a cut and paste from a Nissan Cube site.

First you need to remove the little plastic cover that hides the nut that holds on the wiper arm. Just kind of lift up on the left side and it will snap right off.
    Next you will need to remove the 10mm nut that holds on the arm. Notice there is a little silver dot on to the right of the nut. I guess that is for some kind of alignment. It goes straight to the right side of the car.
    Now comes the most challenging part of the job - removing the arm. Technically it pulls straight out, but is on there really tight. You might want to read the link I posted above for others methods of removing it. I was lucky enough to find this puller in my barn. The part of the puller that does the pushing on the bolt kept slipping off so I had to put the nut back on a bit so the "pusher" could fit in the nut hole to stay on track.
    Once you get the arm popped off it looks like this. You can see it has a splined cone shape part that it presses into and holds it pretty tightly. You can also see that mine was a little rusty which did not help matters. I took a wire brush and lightly tried to remove any loose rust. I then put a little oil on it to try and prevent future rust and maybe make it easier to get off the next time.
    Finally you need to remove the old wiper blade from the arm and replace it with the new. This page has a good guide with pictures on how to do that.
    http://www.ezwipers.com/wipers/Nissa...10/change/rear
    On removal, just before you get the blade perpendicular to the arm, you will feel resistance and think you are going to break it. Keep firm pressure and it will snap perpendicular and then you can remove the blade from the arm. I bought the replacement blade recommended by RIXterra at a local auto parts store for $10 and it went on great. This picture shows the old blade so you can see the hole the arm goes into, the end of the arm so you can see where the new blade snaps into, and the new replace blade package.
    Last edited by tomcj2; 01-23-2018 at 01:35 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tomcj2 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-23-2018)

Thanks
    Thanks Papaoil, I appreciate the info

Thanks
    Thanks tomcj2
    The first link looks quite similar to the back wiper. I am fortunate that the wiper will lift off of the window about 90 degrees so I don't think I'll have to take the arm off of the spindle. Thanks for your help

Thanks
    Thanks folks,

New rear wiper installed. Quite easy really...when you have the proper (12B or equivalent "12 rear wiper" on package) wiper.