Thread: Micra SR vs Yaris SE

Thanks

Cool Micra SR vs Yaris SE

So...who would pay $5000 more for a Yaris? I had a chat with 3 toyota dealers trying to sell me the Yaris...i personally never drove a yaris but dont understand why anyone would pay 5k more...all it has is rear discs and a "sport suspension"....................!,what?!?! ....for 5k someone can put some really good mods into a Micra....

Wow sorry i just cant beleive the huge amount of money ppl have to pay to get minimal specs. Im still waiting for my dealer to call me in so i can buy my Micra SR, i wish there was a nismo version but i dont think it ever will as they never bring those lil monsters here...but i was thinking, if the Juke has a turbo in its 1.6....would it be possible to? (Runs away giggling like a little girl)

Thanks
    We actually posed the question to Nissan about the swappability of the Juke's turbo engine into the Micra

Not expecting an answer on that one. "Nissan doesn't recommend..."

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I did a comparison of these two; the Micra is the clear winner:

http://mymicra.com/?p=304

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    But i just wish nissn dropped rear discs in the sr version

But the turbo would be scary...on such a tight turning car, scary...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by en3rg1e View Post
    But i just wish nissn dropped rear discs in the sr version
    In this size, weight, and performance of car, nobody would notice the difference whether the rear brakes were discs or drums (with exception of appearance with the wrong kind of alloy wheels), but when it comes time for service and replacing components, the rear drums are less expensive, keeping to the Micra's tradition of low maintenance costs.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I agree, rear discs while nice, are totally unnecessary on a small car. I know a bunch of guys who track their small cars, and most don't bother with swapping to rear discs. It just doesn't do enough to make $en$e.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by en3rg1e View Post
    ....for 5k someone can put some really good mods into a Micra....
    I couldn't agree more. I guess people who are brand loyal would pay the extra money for the Yaris - the thing is..Nissan is going to have to prove their worth with the Micra - not saying they won't - just that being a totally new model - the first year will have its challenges and kinks to be worked out.

I'm considering the Micra too - but I have to see it in person and drive it in person and if I STILL like it, then I would definitely get the base model and make it into my own toy - A/C and automatic tranny aside!!!!!

Hmmmm...I think I will start my own thread on this topic.......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pr@j View Post
    I'm considering the Micra too - but I have to see it in person and drive it in person and if I STILL like it.......
    If you don't STILL like it, I might suggest the problem lies with you and not the car...