Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micra parts and Versa parts interchangeable?

Thanks

Micra parts and Versa parts interchangeable?

I am going to be driving in the US for a month or so this summer. I am wondering if, should anything go wrong, it is possible to use Versa or fake-Versa parts to fix a possible Micra problem?

Not expecting any issues as I have only 15,000 kms on my Micra and most of the kinks worked out with a fabulous dealership here in Victoria, but it would be nice to know.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patty View Post
    I am going to be driving in the US for a month or so this summer. I am wondering if, should anything go wrong, it is possible to use Versa or fake-Versa parts to fix a possible Micra problem?

Not expecting any issues as I have only 15,000 kms on my Micra and most of the kinks worked out with a fabulous dealership here in Victoria, but it would be nice to know.....
    Yeah, you can expect the suspension parts and drive relation parts to be the same.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nobuseri For This Useful Post:

patty (04-16-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by patty View Post

My Micra has 50,000 km on it already, and the only real issue was a busted solenoid (I think for CCV control - not sure). Engine was roughing quite badly, Nissan fixed at no charge, no issues since, I think the solenoid shouldn't have passed quality inspection to begin with. But yeah, make sure your oil changes are up to date and should be golden.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Golfcart For This Useful Post:

patty (04-16-2017)

Thanks
    I'm not expecting any problems. However, I don't want some guy scratching his head and wondering what to do about any problem that might arise, or telling me that the parts are going to be big bucks. Then I could just say it is the same as the Versa....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.4 L/100 km ... 38.0 mpg (Imp) ... 13.4 km/L ... 31.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My solenoid for the valve timing is shot now...it is going in this week. It has seventy two thousand on it. Tech at Nissan thinks he hears timing chain noise so they are going to tear it down.

Thanks
    It's pretty much identical under the hood to the Versa.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Does anyone know if the brake discs/drums, pads and shoes from a Versa will fit on our Micras?

I've been trying to find cross drilled or slotted rotors and braided brake lines for my 2015 SR and not having much luck.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Pixelpusher: Rockauto.com lists some parts for the Canadian Micra.

I did a part search on 2015 Nissan Micra and 2015 Nissan Versa, and the Bosch rotor listed for the Micra has the same part as the Versa (and the Versa has a LOT MORE aftermarket options)

Micra:
    http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/n...hub,rotor,1896

Versa:
    http://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/n...hub,rotor,1896

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (06-05-2017)

Thanks
    Thanks Metro. I'll check that out

Senior Member Micra In The Mountains's Avatar
    Thanks
    We're using a washable K&N air filter meant for the 1.6L Versa, works fine in our car

Nice!