Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: Axle back exhaust group buy: for the people, by the people.

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Yukon
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Hmm that's true. I'm not really sure what I was expecting tbh. It flows a bit less than a b16 head which is nearing a 30 year old design but of course fuel efficiency has improved immensely so apples and oranges I guess?



  2. #22
    Senior Member Nobuseri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Guys are over complicating it, just get yourselves a proper Blitz Nur-Spec cat-back exhaust, call it a night.
    https://www.blitz.co.jp/products/exs...t=nur-spec_vsr

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Yukon
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    I'm sure it's nice but for 12-1300$ landed I'm not so sure.

    If the right shop is doing the work, custom >= off the shelf.
    In this case for potentially half the price.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Nobuseri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    I'm sure it's nice but for 12-1300$ landed I'm not so sure.

    If the right shop is doing the work, custom >= off the shelf.
    In this case for potentially half the price.
    Keyword "if" but to each their own I guess, a tuned exhaust of established brands outmatches any "custom shop" by miles away.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Yukon
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    Keyword "if" but to each their own I guess, a tuned exhaust of established brands outmatches any "custom shop" by miles away.
    Lulz. Anyone who has been into/around modding and tuning any platform would prefer a custom made catback purpose built for their car. You never see any highly tuned import that puts down real numbers running an off the shelf catback. It just doesn't happen. Especially if you want to extract every bit you can out of a small, naturally aspirated engine.

    I get it you want to be mad JDM yo but you're just spreading misinformation.

    Sure it's not going to matter for our little Micras for the most part but blanket statements like that are bad.
    There are plenty of reputable performance shops that make far better custom tailored parts than off the shelf pieces. Unfortunately for us, most of them reside in the U.S.

    That doesn't mean off the shelf parts are bad or poor quality or you shouldn't buy them or anything. It also doesn't mean that a custom exhaust from a random shop is going to be the best.

    The best thing is to get something built for YOUR car and YOUR mods to meet YOUR build goals. Coming onto a thread about getting a custom exhaust group order up and saying "just get this" "established brands outmatches anything you could ever get made" is sheep mentality and pretty shitty.

    I'm not looking to make a race car out of my Micra, I have another car to build to try and go fast but having a unique piece with the exact muffler I want will be a nice addition and will be more meaningful to me at the end of the day.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Nobuseri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    Lulz. Anyone who has been into/around modding and tuning any platform would prefer a custom made catback purpose built for their car. You never see any highly tuned import that puts down real numbers running an off the shelf catback. It just doesn't happen. Especially if you want to extract every bit you can out of a small, naturally aspirated engine.

    I get it you want to be mad JDM yo but you're just spreading misinformation.

    Sure it's not going to matter for our little Micras for the most part but blanket statements like that are bad.
    There are plenty of reputable performance shops that make far better custom tailored parts than off the shelf pieces. Unfortunately for us, most of them reside in the U.S.

    That doesn't mean off the shelf parts are bad or poor quality or you shouldn't buy them or anything. It also doesn't mean that a custom exhaust from a random shop is going to be the best.

    The best thing is to get something built for YOUR car and YOUR mods to meet YOUR build goals. Coming onto a thread about getting a custom exhaust group order up and saying "just get this" "established brands outmatches anything you could ever get made" is sheep mentality and pretty shitty.

    I'm not looking to make a race car out of my Micra, I have another car to build to try and go fast but having a unique piece with the exact muffler I want will be a nice addition and will be more meaningful to me at the end of the day.
    I'm to lazy to even bother trying to argue here, just trying to showcase options. I just personality don't operate in the same wavelengths.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Yukon
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    Sure I get it but saying a basic off the shelf part will be better than any custom exhaust by miles is just wrong.

    It's nice that we have a few scarce options for our Micras (for a price) from overseas but I'd much rather see RnD go into our cars here in Canada especially where it makes fiscal sense. The reason why I go off-the-shelf in most cases is due to cheaper options being available over trying to get a part made to fit with no local availability and the cost usually doubling. Here it is the reverse.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Nobuseri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    Basic? Okay, I guess my exhaust is "basic" lulz. Let's see that unique "racing" exhaust on your Micra when it's done, I'll be sure to follow what you have planned for it.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Yukon
    Posts
    138
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 31 Times in 23 Posts
    I specifically said the opposite of that and not cuz race car but also yes, as in basic off the shelf bolt-on. Not speaking to the quality of the part, just what it is.

    I want a streetable custom exhaust that sits between the one used in the Micra cup and something like the blitz or Nismo. Hence why I posted on the group order listing specifically for something like that.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to spacewolf For This Useful Post:

    IMPUL (11-20-2017)

  11. #30
    Senior Member Nobuseri's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    129
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 51 Times in 35 Posts
    ____I see____
    Name:  OK_thumb.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  29.5 KB



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •