Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Axle back exhaust group buy: for the people, by the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwarsdad View Post
    What kind of muffler are you thinking (brand) ?
    Solo performance is the brand. They manufacture mufflers and systems in house.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    everybody wants a 2" cat-back exhaust now

Thanks

I'm super interested in a custom 2" catback. The only problem is, where I live there isn't even an effing muffler shop... The last one closed down. Not that I was confident in their ability to make a good quality, well performing, custom catback.

I'd love to see one with a turn down muffler Or the option to pick/send in your own muffler.

Inspiration:
    2.5" inlet - KTuned turndown universal muffler

Reality:
    http://www.manzousa.com/index.php/pr...p-2-inlet.html

Obviously I'd prefer something higher quality but you get the gist of it.

We could work something out.

It comes built to spec.

So like everything is in it's individual parts. The axel flange and pipe to the muffler is pretty standard.
    The muffler is the next piece. I think there are about 4 options that fit "OEM" size.
    All with different attributes and sounds and and materials ( and sub-sequent costs )
    And the tip.

I picked a tip that I like for my car. As a basic option I selected a tip that's similar to nismo.
    But if yo would like it tip less and order your own tip just let me know.

I've been dying to get this going. I don't want to bug them and waste a bay testing sounds of the mufflers if I'm not buying it that day.
    So I've been putting it off till I can actually have some time.

Pm me and maybe I can help you custom tailor your axel back to your liking.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Do you know off the top of your head what the dimensions we have to work with for the muffler? I suppose I could go take some measurements this weekend but if you had them done up already I'm pretty lazy lol.

Were you given a guesstimate on pricing from the shop you're talking to? Any chance on a mid pipe as well? I don't really think an axle back is worth the time and money on its own. I'd like a header too but that Nismo one ain't cheap..

1. I believe 8x5x14 inches
    2. I will be having an estimate for the mid pipe. It's an add on as not everyone wants it.
    3. I believe ( don't quote me ) it's around $300 +/- for the axel back and probably another 300 for the mid. But we will see.
    4. I believe there is an OBX header that could fit. No gaurantee.
    5. I will say the the stock header and mid isn't bad. An is made by calsonic.
    6. For the money invested to have a customer header back . You could buy the nismo titanium sports exhaust. Just saying...

Thanks
    Awesome thanks for the info, I'll have to see what the OBX header looks like.

True but the Nismo is only 1.2" ID if I'm not mistaken and that's pretty paltry for the $$$. Can't go wrong with a quality piece but flow is flow. I'm not sure what CFM our head flows but I'd put money on being able to take advantage of a full 2" exhaust with a free flowing CAI.

Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    Awesome thanks for the info, I'll have to see what the OBX header looks like.

True but the Nismo is only 1.2" ID if I'm not mistaken and that's pretty paltry for the $$$. Can't go wrong with a quality piece but flow is flow. I'm not sure what CFM our head flows but I'd put money on being able to take advantage of a full 2" exhaust with a free flowing CAI.

Approx. 147cfm at 90% efficiency

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    Approx. 147cfm at 90% efficiency
    God daaamn, I knew it wasn't gonna be high but that's pretty bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by spacewolf View Post
    God daaamn, I knew it wasn't gonna be high but that's pretty bad lol.
    And that's giving it the benefit of doubt ... IRL proably 120cfm it's actually pretty amazing what it can do for being a
    Tweeked out lawnmower.. it can do great things with such a small volume.