Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What changes can we expect in the Canadian 2017 Micra?

Thanks

What changes can we expect in the Canadian 2017 Micra?

Name:  2017-micra-what-expect.jpg
Views: 1569
Size:  62.7 KB

Anybody else notice that Nissan has been including the Micra in their "year end blow-out" advertising this year? I don't recall them offering many incentives last year.

It won't be long before we start seeing 2017 models coming available.

Actually, I just checked and they're already showing a bunch of 2017 models on their news media site:

• Armada
    • GT-R
    • Maxima
    • Pathfinder
    • Rogue
    • Sentra
    • TITAN
    • 370Z

But no Micra! Remember last year? They stretched the 2015 Micra model run to nearly 2 full years (!). We were well into 2016 before the 2016 model year Micra came out.

Obviously in Canada we won't be seeing the BIGGEST change for 2017 -- the K14 / 5th gen Micra which is now available in Europe and Japan:

[From thread: 2017 Nissan Micra K14 official photos, video - production version revealed ]

Or will we?

I'd bet "no". Which has me wondering if Nissan Canada have anything up their sleeves in terms of revisions/new features to keep up interest in the K13.

More of the same? fairly minor and usually cosmetic stuff like paint colours, interior materials, and a few new bells & whistles?

Or something bigger?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My guess is more of the same. Slight tweaks here or there cosmetically.

Thanks
    Micra cup is a three year contract. Enough said

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pete For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    I'm actually wondering if they will even release the new Micra here. As for the cup it kind of defeats the purpose if all the cars are not exactly the same so I wouldn't count on that to speed things up at all. Imagine you invest in building a cup car and the next year they mandate yo have to buy a new car, unless highly incentivized that would suck.

Also it seems India will not be releasing the new design until the end of 2017. They just released a new model K13 there in early September it had some minor changes like interior color and a CVT transmission.
    Last edited by Vapor; 11-08-2016 at 03:14 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vapor For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (11-08-2016)

Thanks
    I heard the same thing about India. I think that's partly because the k14 is not going to be manufactured there (all K13 Micras for Europe were from the Indian factory). At least initially, the K14 will be made in France only.

So, Pete: I guess that means definitely no K14 here until at least 2018, if not later.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

NISMO all the things

Just had a thought, because Nissan just announced this:

The 2017 Nissan Sentra Nismo Keeps The Dream Of A Fun Basic Car Alive

A NISMO Micra would get the Canadian motoring press in a tizzy again. I bet that's in the works. They did it down under: Video: NISMO Micra S (Australia)

Last winter's Coupe Micra Cup limited edition was just an appearance package. Does not count!

I predict a NISMO Micra will be unveiled at this year's Montreal auto show.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Wark (11-17-2016)

Thanks
    That new Nissan Micra K14 looks fantastic. At least there will be a 2 years lapse until we get it here. I mean really Nissan is selling a good number of K13's here and they would have to re-tool the Mexican factory to change over.

Thanks

And to answer the original question...

What changes can we expect in the Canadian 2017 Micra?

The answer is: nothing, apparently.

The 2017 Micra info page is now up on Nissan's media site, and I don't see anything different from last year's model.

This is a little surprising, because Micra sales declined sharply in 2016 in the face of the redesigned $9995 2016 Chevrolet Spark (indeed, 2016 was the Spark's best ever year for Canadian sales). Even sales of the mid-cycle-refreshed Mitsubishi Mirage didn't decline as sharply as the Micra's sales (percent basis).

I'm still holding out hope for a Micra NISMO model announcement at the Montreal Auto Show next week.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

This is a little surprising, because Micra sales declined sharply in 2016 in the face of the redesigned $9995 2016 Chevrolet Spark (indeed, 2016 was the Spark's best ever year for Canadian sales). Even sales of the mid-cycle-refreshed Mitsubishi Mirage didn't decline as sharply as the Micra's sales (percent basis).
    I too am suprised / disapointed that there is no change whatsoever for our 2017 model.

However I can see why the Spark is a popular choice. I took one out for a test drive and I liked it very much. The interior is much nicer and modern, a fair bit quieter and the radio from the Micra S vs the entertainment system from the Spark cant even be compared. Ultimately I ended up buying the Micra for 3 reasons. It can sit 5 peoples, slightly more roomier inside and frankly.... the 3000$ price difference between the cheapest quotes (after fees and taxes) from 3 Chevy and 3 Nissan dealers.

The K14 looks very good, its a shame we have to wait for it. But when it does arrive. Expect a decent price jump to buy a Micra. And with that the cost of the Spark will also go up(it currently retails for US$12500 in the States vs Can$9990 here. I'm sure chevy isnt happy about loosing all this profit).

I am picking up my 2017 Micra S on Friday

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Groleau View Post

I am picking up my 2017 Micra S on Friday
    Nice to see another Micra running around the GVRD. Congrats!

First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV