Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullydog programmer

Thanks

Cool Bullydog programmer

Has anyone got a bullydog gas? The website says they have tunes for the versa.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Have Versa owners shown this to have any significant benefit?

Thanks
    There would be benifits especially if the the tunes are good and would work for the micra. The unit I was looking at is a 3 in 1 . It's a display for all critical info. water temp , oil pressure ect. and much more. It's a diagnostic code reader. It's a programer to write performance/ mileage tunes to your ECU.

Thanks
    Got a link?

Thanks

Thanks
    Sounds like a legit product. It can advance your timing which should increase power. However, to deal with that you should really go to premium fuel. Its a bit pricey too for the smaller gain you'd get from it.

Thanks
    The model I read the manual for was the platinum gas gt. It sells for $499.99. My friend has a diesel one in his truck and it is night a day from stock. The gains from a gas one would not be felt that much alone however with a good intake and a header back exhaust with a decent tune I would expect 120 H.P. minimum at the crank.

Thanks
    Well, from 109 to 120 sounds moderate enough to be possible. I'd like to see how much $ and effort it would mean. If you ever do it, please post. I'm sure we squeeze more HP out of this baby. I wonder at what cost (not only $$, but in MPGs as well).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Your dealership should be able to flash your ECU for you for nothing. However a power programmer is a very very easy way to have that check engine light come on. Not to mention, if anything goes wrong warranty wise..... I've had a few ECU rebuilds in my last few cars, and the performance gains are there, but keep in mind, if you make modifications beyond bolt ons, you'll have to find an updated tune for it.

Thanks
    Just talked to a buddy at my local speedshop, another thing to keep in mind with the bullydog is that you'll need to pull fuses every time you switch a tune, you require 91 octane or better, and you need to upload new tunes via microusb. Also, you need to run a 12v keyed power supply to it from an unused pin inside, otherwise you'll be running new leads from somewhere in the engine bay, so that entails drilling new holes through your firewall. All this is doable, but a pain in the hole. If you're gonna spend money on a power programmer, I'd suggest having every possible bolt on upgrade done first. (header, exhaust, intake, suspension, brakes, wires, plugs, distrib, ignition, etc)