Thread: Weird noises emanating from left wheel well/steering wheel when doing tight cornering

Thanks

Weird noises emanating from left wheel well/steering wheel when doing tight cornering

Only happens when I am doing a lot of turning of the steering wheel to get into a tight parking stall or doing a lot of tight cornering in a parkade.....Its annoying, but this is the only time that it happens, so its not too bothersome. I just worry that it is something that could be rubbing or cause problems further down the line. During the last maintenance, I asked the Nissan dealer tech to check it out....thought it might be a CV joint boot....but nothing out of the ordinary was found....Has anyone else experienced these noises?, which only occur on the left front of the vehicle, and only when doing tight cornering.....Thanx in advance.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Its hard to check with winter tires and snowy roads. Try driving at const speed and make a curvy maneuver one side then opposite side if it will make sound then most likely wheel bearing is worned. To check cv ( considering nothing is accumulated under the arc and wheel is not rubbing) turn wheel all the way to one side till will feel vibration then turn steering wheel little back to stop vibration and slowly start rolling . Do the same with turning wheel opposite side. If you hear clicking noise while wheel is rolling then most likely cv joints are worned out. I wouldnt worry for both now just know that there is problem and what it is and take it to mechanic after the winter .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Plutus For This Useful Post:

HammyJ (12-20-2021)

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice Plutus!.....

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra SV automatic: 8.5 L/100 km ... 33.1 mpg (Imp) ... 11.7 km/L ... 27.6 mpg (US) ...