Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Regular vs Premium Gas

Thanks
    Salut Erwin! Ce sont des resultats pour des tanks complets? Conditions meteorologiques identiques?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Oui metrompg je roule toujours avec un plein je ne desen pas à bas de la moitié du réservoir.pour les conditions météorologiques normal en 12° à 28° avec pluie ou pas et un du vent de force faible moin de 15km/h.. l'ordinateur de bord indique une consommation moyenne de 5.7l 100klm
    Je suis capable de le descendre à 5.1l 100klm mais j'ai le pied bien pessand en ville comme toute les feux de signalisation sont pas sycroniser.
    Last edited by Erwin; 06-27-2017 at 08:41 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Erwin For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (07-06-2017)

Thanks
    we drove 370km today, starting with a full tank, filled the tank again and it took 25.78@1.18 per liter. on the dash display it read 411km left in the tank. AWESOME RANGE. gotta love it.

Thanks
    I did 445 kms on 32.733L. Cost me $31.39 to fill up(On 87).

Thanks
    Well if you want to burn non-ethanol fuel and get around 10% better fuel economy, then run 91 octane. That is what I do on all my gasoline powered vehicles, motorcycles and lawn equipment.
    Ethanol is hard on all of it. IMO and my mechanics. My mechanic builds hot rod, race engines, etc, etc.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajijic View Post
    If it states 87, why put in 91?
    ... the engine runs fine on 87, I found if you put straight premium in it the fuel economy actually suffers a little... the engine from the factory is tuned to run on regular, and that's what it likes. I tried a mixture about 50/50 and the economy improved somewhat.. seemingly to normal... but I would never use premium on a regular basis.. no need

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MortimerSnerd View Post
    ... the engine runs fine on 87, I found if you put straight premium in it the fuel economy actually suffers a little... the engine from the factory is tuned to run on regular, and that's what it likes. I tried a mixture about 50/50 and the economy improved somewhat.. seemingly to normal... but I would never use premium on a regular basis.. no need
    All vehicles that are gas will run any grade. They just retard the timing. Its no big deal. Now the EPA admitted that ethanol ruins emissions equipment. Old news: https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/new...engine-damage/

Thanks
    If the car isn't tuned... Regular is the one to pump!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Micra S manual: 7.8 L/100 km ... 36.3 mpg (Imp) ... 12.8 km/L ... 30.2 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhite View Post
    Well if you want to burn non-ethanol fuel and get around 10% better fuel economy, then run 91 octane. That is what I do on all my gasoline powered vehicles, motorcycles and lawn equipment.
    Ethanol is hard on all of it. IMO and my mechanics. My mechanic builds hot rod, race engines, etc, etc.
    .... it's my understanding that only a few stations sell gas that does not have ethanol, which I do believe degrades performance a bit. Shell 'V Power, 91 octane.. the $$ premium stuff supposedly has no ethanol.

I live near Manzanillo and I understand Pemex does not pollute the gas they sell here with ethanol, Mexicans like to eat the corn they grow... usually in the form of tortillas. Their regular gas known as magna verde works just fine in my new 2021 Micra automatic, only US $12,000 and badged as a Nissan 'March Sense" here.. standards are far more common here, and about US $1000 cheaper.