Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust and mud and stuff.... (Better sound insulation?)

Thanks
    While at it, prob should change the stereo who is really sub-par and won't read flash drive..!! Are we really in 2017?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by carorules View Post
    While at it, prob should change the stereo who is really sub-par and won't read flash drive..!! Are we really in 2017?
    I've installed upgrades speakers, relocated the rear speakers to a custom panel over the trunk, added a subwoofer, added a countersunk stereo so that an ipad mini slips into the fascia seamlessly.. it's an economy car with lots of room for improvement. Some see it as sub-par, some see it as a blank slate.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyyCarter View Post
    I've installed upgrades speakers, relocated the rear speakers to a custom panel over the trunk, added a subwoofer, added a countersunk stereo so that an ipad mini slips into the fascia seamlessly.. it's an economy car with lots of room for improvement. Some see it as sub-par, some see it as a blank slate.
    I totally agree with you, it's still a good car for the price and I'm prob the minority of ppl who think no flash drive capability is HUGE issue. I'm just nervous to change the stereo and then the dash starts cracking/rattling like crazy in cold weather. So far it's not and I was burned bad with my previous Nissan (versa) so now I have mad anxiety about changing it and ending up with issues that would drive me insane.

Thanks
    Well once you fill the car with a decent sound system, a subwoofer can give the car all sorts of interesting rattles. As far as just installing a stereo, it's just the one fascia panel around the stereo/ vents that pops off. Nothing to damage, there.

Thanks
    Well once you fill the car with a decent sound system, a subwoofer can give the car all sorts of interesting rattles. As far as just installing a stereo, it's just the one fascia panel around the stereo/ vents that pops off. Nothing to damage, there.
    It's not about damaging but shifting the plastic, and putting something that isn't customized to be there and adding a plastic harness, I tend to believe it can cause squeaks and rattles in cold weather... Maybe I'm wrong but I'm scared. All the noises in my Versa scarred me for life.

Thanks
    There's no need for concern, I have a subwoofer that makes teeth rattle, and I can assure you that the stereo and fascia won't make a peep.

Thanks
    There's no need for concern, I have a subwoofer that makes teeth rattle, and I can assure you that the stereo and fascia won't make a peep.
    That is comforting, thanks for the input.