Thread: Factory spring rating

Thanks

Factory spring rating

Does anyone know what the factory rating is on the the front and rear springs, almost every Micra I see has the same problem, a bigger gap in the front wheel wells them in the back, and what aftermarket springs can be ordered to balance everything out.

Thanks
    N15 made a big list yesterday:
    http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...-for-k13-micra

I've thrown Tein super-street coilovers on mine but had the same issue trying to find what exactly stock specs are, based on the nismo series I'd assume the fronts are 2.5K, rear ~3K. - I've tested weight distribution on the K13 and some 70% of weight added to the driver / passenger seats is transferred to the rear (so they need to be stiffer) - reasons I'm moving to 15K in the rear. Most After market springs run near 3K in the front and 4-4.5 in the rear, so ride angle doesn't change that much.

There are polyurethan shims you can get cheaply that are inserted between the coils of a spring -> can be used in the rear to add height once loaded / reduce rearward tilt depending on how many passengers you've got.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmodon View Post
    N15 made a big list yesterday:
    http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...-for-k13-micra

I've thrown Tein super-street coilovers on mine but had the same issue trying to find what exactly stock specs are, based on the nismo series I'd assume the fronts are 2.5K, rear ~3K. - I've tested weight distribution on the K13 and some 70% of weight added to the driver / passenger seats is transferred to the rear (so they need to be stiffer) - reasons I'm moving to 15K in the rear. Most After market springs run near 3K in the front and 4-4.5 in the rear, so ride angle doesn't change that much.

There are polyurethan shims you can get cheaply that are inserted between the coils of a spring -> can be used in the rear to add height once loaded / reduce rearward tilt depending on how many passengers you've got.
    How did the install go for the coils, Asmodon? You're using Versa/Versa Note suspsension, I'm guessing. Pretty straightforward?
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    Yeah it didn't take long - did have help from some car guy friends who've done it before though. Just about any youtube video on MacFerson struts explains the front (need to remove the original top-hat off the shock though) - and then it's the same style of rear end as most Jetta's. I'll be bending some roll bar tabs come spring so I can reattach that since only a few types have the tab required, it's just been flopping around in the bushings all winter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...