Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Micra cup exhaust

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawtek View Post
    Yes, our mufflers are polished before they leave the shop. I'd be happy to polish the entire system as well as purchase automatic welders if you want to pay 3x our list price for the system. To most everyday people who aren't looking for showroom or car show ready vehicles, a quality made performance part, using very good material and processes, by highly skilled workers at a reasonable price usually makes them happy, especially when they take the car directly onto salt and snow covered roads 5 mins after they install the parts.

I don't mean to come off as rude, however it seems there are a few members on this forum determined to undermine the quality of performance of this product. The above post is likened to comparing a corvette to a lamborghini. Sure the parts on a Lambo look super sweet and they shine more, etc, but the car costs 5 times as much and barely out performs the vette. Keep in mind, this is simply a metaphor and there is no need to attack that exact wording of that statement, although i have no doubt you will.

We are offering this system because we had several inquiries about the Micra Cup exhaust and figured we could offer a deal to some interested parties. That's all. Our reputation of quality and reliability can be verified in just about any TDI forum, if you care to look.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your exhaust upgrade once you receive it from Japan, and do not begrudge you for wanting that system over ours. I simply do not see the reason why you should try as best you can to impress your choice on others.

Cheers,
    Well how about you show these folks a real sound clip? Make a video, and show it. I'm curious to hear this "tuned" sound and see the "performance".

Thanks
    If anyone is interested in hearing the exhaust sound just go on YouTube and check out a Micra cup car easy and simple

Quote Originally Posted by Starwarsdad View Post
    If anyone is interested in hearing the exhaust sound just go on YouTube and check out a Micra cup car easy and simple
    Not exactly.

The cortek exhaust hasn't been used by the cup cars YET. So any clips that are currently available on YouTube would be of the nismo axel back muffler.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Probably sounds nothing like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjoHkC5zogc
    This is the Nismo S exhaust sound, so that axle back I recall looking at it a couple of months back and doesn't look the same.

Thanks
    Pretty sure all the Micra cup cars are fitted with rawtek mufflers.

Thanks
    The version they sell is the street legal one but to get the ticket you have to be over a certain decibel. Most likely over it (I hope anyway), don't want to spend the money on a quiet muffler. But normally they won't bother unless your driving really hard all the time. Not sure if the muffler is Nissan approved tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwarsdad View Post
    Pretty sure all the Micra cup cars are fitted with rawtek mufflers.
    As of this season. They are making them now.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rpb View Post
    The version they sell is the street legal one but to get the ticket you have to be over a certain decibel. Most likely over it (I hope anyway), don't want to spend the money on a quiet muffler. But normally they won't bother unless your driving really hard all the time. Not sure if the muffler is Nissan approved tho.
    There is no decibel rating in Canada. There is no noise testing equipment.

All the officer needs is; does it enhance the noise above what the manufacturer intended, is it OEM.

What I was looking for is an answer from raw tek as they are selling the cup car version and a "street version"

So, is it street legal, or off road. Cuz if it's off road only, then why would I want an off road "street version" of the off road cup car exhaust , why not the exact one since it's all the same off road only.

Basically they said hey we make the cup car exhaust, I can sell you an exhaust very similar to it, and just As illegal as the real one but it's different. (Thus, not the cup car exhaust at all, I fact it's, it's own product .

I wanna hear rawtek say it's "street legal" not "a street version of the cup car exhaust" cause it is not the same thing.
    And is very sales pitchy.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Nobuseri (03-29-2017)

Thanks
    Nobuseri, dude, wtf? If you are spending that much for exhaust and other performance parts, why not just buy a used 370Z instead? I never understand why people would spend that much upgrading a Micra. It's a cheap 4 cylinder commute car, that's all it is. Rawtek is well known in the TDI community and they been around for a long time, $600 is quite decent for an entry level exhaust. Dude, you are driving a cheapest entry level car, why are you so knucklehead about it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wark For This Useful Post:

Rawtek (03-29-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Wark View Post
    Nobuseri, dude, wtf? If you are spending that much for exhaust and other performance parts, why not just buy a used 370Z instead? I never understand why people would spend that much upgrading a Micra. It's a cheap 4 cylinder commute car, that's all it is. Rawtek is well known in the TDI community and they been around for a long time, $600 is quite decent for an entry level exhaust. Dude, you are driving a cheapest entry level car, why are you so knucklehead about it.
    You know what other entry level car people throw money at and show what kinda potential it really has ..
    The civic.... Have seen their following... The money they spend pumping a used $1500$ car.

And really this is more of a field of dreams moment. Obviously otherpeoplewant to build up the micra or why would there be so many
    Aftermarket parts? demand and supply

Plus if he did buy a used 350z it would have high km and would have to spend the modify budget just to maintain it and the part s o modify are hella more expensive.

For example : good rubber for a z is the same price as rims and good rubber for a micra

For $5k I've been able to do alot $5k for a 350z that's just rims rubber and susspension if your lucky.

Last edited by IMPUL; 03-29-2017 at 07:11 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

pilip948 (03-30-2017)