Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Micra cup exhaust

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawtek View Post
    Yes the parts are all TIG welded. As far as details, I'm not exactly sure what you are looking for.....
    Attachment 3552Attachment 3553Attachment 3554Attachment 3555Attachment 3556
    Night and day quality welding from "Made in Quebec" to "Made in Japan" hope for those who buy this they will receive the catback polished at least..
    Name:  p1.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  64.4 KB

Thanks
    If it's good enough for a Micra cup car it will be good enough for our cars.

Thanks
    Anyone know how the stock exhaust will hook up to a muffler with a 2" inlet, can any exhaust shop do that?

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    Thank you for shopping at Rawtek Performance Fabrication Inc.!

Disclaimer:

Many Rawtek Performance Fabrication Inc. parts, including all VW TDI related exhaust products, are sold for off-road use only. All performance modifications and installations are at the customers own risk. Rawtek Performance Fabrication Inc. or www.rawtekinc.com hold no responsibility either implied or otherwise for mechanical, electrical or other failure when using any aftermarket performance products. Items sold for off-road use only are illegal in many states and provinces and are intended for racing vehicles which may never be used on a public road.
    Yes, we have a disclaimer, as do just about every other performance parts companies out there. I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve or why, but if you'd like to let me know, I'll be happy to respond.
    Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    Night and day quality welding from "Made in Quebec" to "Made in Japan" hope for those who buy this they will receive the catback polished at least..
    Name:  p1.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  64.4 KB
    Yes, our mufflers are polished before they leave the shop. I'd be happy to polish the entire system as well as purchase automatic welders if you want to pay 3x our list price for the system. To most everyday people who aren't looking for showroom or car show ready vehicles, a quality made performance part, using very good material and processes, by highly skilled workers at a reasonable price usually makes them happy, especially when they take the car directly onto salt and snow covered roads 5 mins after they install the parts.

I don't mean to come off as rude, however it seems there are a few members on this forum determined to undermine the quality of performance of this product. The above post is likened to comparing a corvette to a lamborghini. Sure the parts on a Lambo look super sweet and they shine more, etc, but the car costs 5 times as much and barely out performs the vette. Keep in mind, this is simply a metaphor and there is no need to attack that exact wording of that statement, although i have no doubt you will.

We are offering this system because we had several inquiries about the Micra Cup exhaust and figured we could offer a deal to some interested parties. That's all. Our reputation of quality and reliability can be verified in just about any TDI forum, if you care to look.

I sincerely hope you enjoy your exhaust upgrade once you receive it from Japan, and do not begrudge you for wanting that system over ours. I simply do not see the reason why you should try as best you can to impress your choice on others.

Cheers,
    Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rawtek For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (03-28-2017),YodaMicra (03-28-2017)

Thanks
    Very good point, the rawtek exhaust sounds great and is a fraction of the cost of some others, there is no need to persuade people elsewhere when the Micra cup cars only use the best.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starwarsdad For This Useful Post:

Rawtek (03-28-2017),YodaMicra (03-28-2017)

Thanks
    As long as it does what it is supposed to do, holds up to the elements, doesn't damage the car, doesn't net any police tickets and doesn't cost my firstborn...who cares if anything but the exhaust tip is polished? Seriously is anyone going to look at the Micra and be like, "OMG!!! I have to go look under the car!!! Let me whip out my magnifying glass and check out all those sweet weld marks and polishing!!!" <--- highly unlikely scenario. Other than the mechanic when they hoist it, no one will ever know the difference. Let's be civil here and not hijack the thread with undermining...let's keep it at the intended post for people interested in purchasing this exhaust. Please and thank you!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YodaMicra For This Useful Post:

ptbo micra (03-28-2017),Rawtek (03-28-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by YodaMicra View Post
    As long as it does what it is supposed to do, holds up to the elements, doesn't damage the car, doesn't net any police tickets and doesn't cost my firstborn...who cares if anything but the exhaust tip is polished? Seriously is anyone going to look at the Micra and be like, "OMG!!! I have to go look under the car!!! Let me whip out my magnifying glass and check out all those sweet weld marks and polishing!!!" <--- highly unlikely scenario. Other than the mechanic when they hoist it, no one will ever know the difference. Let's be civil here and not hijack the thread with undermining...let's keep it at the intended post for people interested in purchasing this exhaust. Please and thank you!
    I like you
    Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

Thanks
    Nicely put, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rawtek View Post
    Yes, we have a disclaimer, as do just about every other performance parts companies out there. I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve or why, but if you'd like to let me know, I'll be happy to respond.
    Is this "street legal" or off road?
    If it's off road it is likely to net tickets.
    If it comes with something sayings it's street legal / nissan approved it would certainly instill more confidence, and some form of proof to avoid tickets.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...