Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Micra cup exhaust

Thanks
    You're arguing with the wrong guy haha, I'll still be running the Kakimoto exhaust anytime over some brand I've never heard about, you just listing me a bunch of spec's that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, when I referred to sheet metal, I meant the shape, the actual stamped parts, they are the same, and yet you argue about engine specs? You're funny guy Mr "Impul" LOL maybe I should change my name to Autech. You seem to enjoy flexing your brain knowledge about the K13 very good, here's me who comes along and knows just as much if not more. Nuff said

Quote Originally Posted by Nobuseri View Post
    You're arguing with the wrong guy haha, I'll still be running the Kakimoto exhaust anytime over some brand I've never heard about, you just listing me a bunch of spec's that have nothing to do with the topic at hand, when I referred to sheet metal, I meant the shape, the actual stamped parts, they are the same, and yet you argue about engine specs? You're funny guy Mr "Impul" LOL maybe I should change my name to Autech. You seem to enjoy flexing your brain knowledge about the K13 very good, here's me who comes along and knows just as much if not more. Nuff said
    I think your arguing the same point.

Body wise the same
    Mechanically different .

And I agree genuine jdm brands with history are best.

But, from a getting a ticket point of view, any exhaust not approved by the oem manufacturer
    Can net you a "improper muffler" ticket.

Where I prefer a jdm brand exhaust
    The only ones you could defend as oem are as follows;

Stock
    Impul uprated
    Nismo axel back uprated
    Nismo titanium cat back uprated
    And soon to be cortek muffler. Maybe the whole system since it was designed to be a straight pipe. (Sans resonater)

All others are aftermarket.
    If the exhaust is not oem and "enhances the noise" then they can say it's "improper"
    If the exhaust is oem approved and loud smelly w.e. It's okay. It's designed that way.

It's stupid. As long as my exhaust is intact and travels the length of the car and has cats it's should be fine but I've paid twice now.

As much as I want an hks or w.e. The ticket is the same if I removed the entire system and vented it out my hood or behind my front wheels.

Sometimes you can prove the exhaust is okay with the jasma certificate, but not always.
    The jasma cert works best with an import that's federally certified for compliance.
    Last edited by IMPUL; 03-06-2017 at 07:11 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Chassis reinforcements and spec for reference
    Attached Images Attached Images   

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    What is the max size muffler that we can use?

Quote Originally Posted by Starwarsdad View Post
    What is the max size muffler that we can use?
    I'm not sure I understand your question? Like dimensionally how big? Or like the pipe diameter?

Thanks
    The actual dimensions of the muffler, from end to end and width, I'd like to know how much room I got to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwarsdad View Post
    The actual dimensions of the muffler, from end to end and width, I'd like to know how much room I got to play with.
    14 in ( 350mm )length
    7 in ( 175mm )height
    8 in ( 200mm )width
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Is that excluding the few inches for the inlet?

That is just the muffler itself. No inlets or outlets

Thanks
    Thanks