Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Micra cup exhaust

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wark View Post
    Nobuseri, dude, wtf? If you are spending that much for exhaust and other performance parts, why not just buy a used 370Z instead? I never understand why people would spend that much upgrading a Micra. It's a cheap 4 cylinder commute car, that's all it is. Rawtek is well known in the TDI community and they been around for a long time, $600 is quite decent for an entry level exhaust. Dude, you are driving a cheapest entry level car, why are you so knucklehead about it.
    Oh so you seem aware of how much money I have put on my car is that right? I didn't know you were my accountant :P Now you're saying that with all the $$$ I've put on my car, I could of bought a used 370Z okay last time I checked they were still 20K minimum on the market? I seriously don't recall putting that much founds on a 10K-13K car like mine. Stop assuming quality costs a lot just because you have no idea of the true market price on jdm goods. I'm quite positive that whatever I've put on my car in upgrades didn't go over the cost of the vehicle or not even close to 30%.

Remember also, the K13 is an econo box, all aftermarket good are priced accordingly, an exhaust (catback) from Fujitsubo for a 370Z is about ~3k, for just under the half price of that I can get the industries best on a K13. So? I don't think you seem to understand, I myself and now a proud owner of a Kakimoto system, I don't remember paying $3,000 dollars for it or even $1,500 so I guess I'm good haha.

Last edited by Nobuseri; 03-29-2017 at 08:01 AM.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Ok fellas, here's the skinny:

The disclaimer is specifically geared towards the TDI products we produce, and you should understand why.

I have not, and never will tell anyone whether or not the Micra exhaust will pass local law enforcement regulations.

I do not have a sound clip, but for anyone local to the montreal area, we would be happy to have you in and upon purchase, run sound and dyno test.

I did however explain that we made the "street version" tag because on the cup cars, the muffler is filled with stainless steel wool. It does a better job at handling sustained high temperatures when racing, but does not offer as good sound absorption as our preferred packing material.

I can not go into details of what we put in the muffler (we had to sign a NDA) but it is a continuous strand fibreglass that is used in top OEM manufacturing, and we fill to 3x the density of industry standard. How do i know it's 3 times as much, because the packing manufacturer has explained how much OEM uses.

My intention is not to swindle, deceive or intentionally mislead anyone into purchasing a product that may get them a ticket. I will say one thing, and not to undermine the Micra, but in the end, it a 10$k car and has a 1.6L engine, I'm sure you'd be somewhat hardpressed to attract too much unwanted attention, regardless of the upgrade as long as you don't drive, or act, like an a$$hole.

There are two individuals on this thread intent on damaging, or calling into question, the reputation, quality and value of the product we offer, for whatever reason they choose. The bottom line is this; we produce an exhaust, made from quality materials and using quality methods. We have a sterling reputation with our products and customer service. We have offered a opportunity for the members here to save a little bit of money of retail price of one of our products after having been asked to provide information about it.

I leave the rest up to you.
    Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Rawtek View Post
    Ok fellas, here's the skinny:

The disclaimer is specifically geared towards the TDI products we produce, and you should understand why.

I have not, and never will tell anyone whether or not the Micra exhaust will pass local law enforcement regulations.

I do not have a sound clip, but for anyone local to the montreal area, we would be happy to have you in and upon purchase, run sound and dyno test.

I did however explain that we made the "street version" tag because on the cup cars, the muffler is filled with stainless steel wool. It does a better job at handling sustained high temperatures when racing, but does not offer as good sound absorption as our preferred packing material.

I can not go into details of what we put in the muffler (we had to sign a NDA) but it is a continuous strand fibreglass that is used in top OEM manufacturing, and we fill to 3x the density of industry standard. How do i know it's 3 times as much, because the packing manufacturer has explained how much OEM uses.

My intention is not to swindle, deceive or intentionally mislead anyone into purchasing a product that may get them a ticket. I will say one thing, and not to undermine the Micra, but in the end, it a 10$k car and has a 1.6L engine, I'm sure you'd be somewhat hardpressed to attract too much unwanted attention, regardless of the upgrade as long as you don't drive, or act, like an a$$hole.

There are two individuals on this thread intent on damaging, or calling into question, the reputation, quality and value of the product we offer, for whatever reason they choose. The bottom line is this; we produce an exhaust, made from quality materials and using quality methods. We have a sterling reputation with our products and customer service. We have offered a opportunity for the members here to save a little bit of money of retail price of one of our products after having been asked to provide information about it.

I leave the rest up to you.
    So what your saying is, the "street version is different from the cup car, and not "street legal" it is only for off road use only.

I don't know how it is in other areas but in peel region I have received 2 muffler tickets.

The "oem or illegal" thing has a lot of cops looking for non oem products dispite it not meaning what it says.
    But coupled with the hta the section on mufflers becomes a headache.

Basically if it wasn't an oem or oem approved product and it makes it louder, they can, at the officers discression isue a ticket.

So for me I was excited about this.

Given the fact that I would still be "technically" illegal ill pass on this muffler.

Good luck with sale.
    Last edited by IMPUL; 03-29-2017 at 05:45 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    This "whole" OEM and officers issuing a ticket is absolutely ridiculous, I've had cars with exhaust's all my life and never once pulled over, so I think you guys are really making this a issue when it's actually not.

Thanks
    Only time I got in trouble because of anything to do with a exhaust is when I only had headers on my golf and was driving around. Besides that no trouble

Thanks
    I've looked online and saw very good feedback regarding rawtek and its parts plus all the new cup cars are using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwarsdad View Post
    This "whole" OEM and officers issuing a ticket is absolutely ridiculous, I've had cars with exhaust's all my life and never once pulled over, so I think you guys are really making this a issue when it's actually not.
    So have I. 3 skylines,a Volvo 850turbo, 626 turbo, maxima.

The only one to net me 2 tickets for loud muffler .. Micra, because it's not a loud car from factory, you cannot make it louder.. Don't ask me ask peel region

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well I'm in Durham and downtown throughout the week and never have had a problem in the past.

Thanks

chill please

Let's cool things down a bit here.

IMPUL - I don't believe your questions about the Rawtek system were meant to be malicious/damaging. You're the only person I know who's gotten a ticket for exhaust mods, so it's understandable why you asked what you asked.

And Rob has given the answer.

Everybody take a breath. If you don't like what's on offer, nobody's forcing you to buy it.

Also just FYI (since some have wondered), the fact that Rob/Rawtek is on the forum isn't an endorsement from the forum. No deals have been made. Rob simply contacted us to ask if he could make the offer, and we agreed. We thought it would be good to have additional aftermarket products/support as a potential benefit to members.
    Last edited by MetroMPG; 03-30-2017 at 11:34 AM. Reason: chill please

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (03-30-2017),not_a_bot (03-31-2017),Pete (05-22-2017),Rawtek (03-30-2017)

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    So what your saying is, the "street version is different from the cup car, and not "street legal" it is only for off road use only.

I don't know how it is in other areas but in peel region I have received 2 muffler tickets.

The "oem or illegal" thing has a lot of cops looking for non oem products dispite it not meaning what it says.
    But coupled with the hta the section on mufflers becomes a headache.

Basically if it wasn't an oem or oem approved product and it makes it louder, they can, at the officers discression isue a ticket.

So for me I was excited about this.

Given the fact that I would still be "technically" illegal ill pass on this muffler.

Good luck with sale.
    There, that is a totally reasonable response and I truly appreciate it.

Again, I am not trying to be shady in any sense, so I will re-iterate again.

Street version was simply a distinction in the packaging material of the muffler on the kit. It still only has one muffler and no resonator, although if someone came in with a car we could easily find the space for a resonator and add that to the kit for those who want it nice and quiet.

I will admit to getting possibly carried away, and although I tried to tone down my intensity, it still may have been a bit much.

I guess we're too used to the diesel community who often don't give a hot damn about noise levels.

Rob Noiseux
    Operations
    Rawtek Performance

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rawtek For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (02-05-2019),MetroMPG (03-30-2017),not_a_bot (03-31-2017)