Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone seen my Micra?

Thanks
    ^^
    You're Micra may have ended up in a nearbye city by accident. I'd phone around and look for a Micra with your specs, and get it shipped to your dealer, on their dime.

Thanks
    I've seen a few Micra "walkaround" videos posted on YouTube from a few dealers, like the one Micra-Swiftman007 made.

I keep watching for a silver SV manual so I can tell Alpha... "There it is - go get it!"

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    I was told by my salesperson that I'd get my Micra by the end of April. That deadline came and went, then the following week they got ONE black automatic Micra. I asked them when can I expect to see it, they don't know, they say whenever the truck arrives with the Micra on it. No, they don't know when the truck will arrive. I called Nissan Canada today, they have no clue as to where any Micra's are, they say it's handled at the dealer level.

Is there anyone at Nissan who knows what they're doing with their distribution system? It seems to me that nobody knows what anyone is doing. I don't know how much longer my Grand Am is going to last, but I do know that if it dies tomorrow, I need to buy a new car tomorrow, and if my Micra isn't here, Nissan's going to lose another sale. I wish I had known how bad their system is messed up.
    Here is some odd thing. When Bruce took of my spare tire the day I got my Micra( May Fifth 2014)he saw a sticker that said the gas tank was made (28/04/2014)The car was at the dealers on May 1st 2014. I wunder If they have to wait till May to sell a 2015 Model.

Antruby (Rose) My blog is Antruby.com
    I love this fantastic Micra. Love the ride. Love the colour. Love the size. Love the light in the hatchback. Love the bluetooth. Love the fact the rear windows go all the way down. Love the headlights that someone took time to aim in the right places. Love the fuel filler being on the drivers side. Love that the fuel filler door locks from inside the car. (No need for key.) Love the stainless steel license bolts put on by dealer.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    ^^
    You're Micra may have ended up in a nearbye city by accident. I'd phone around and look for a Micra with your specs, and get it shipped to your dealer, on their dime.
    Unfortunately I forsee this being a problem. With dealers making so little on these, it wouldn't even be worth it to ship them in. I definitely forsee an issue with that. If it's sitting on the ground at another dealer, Odds are low they'd bring it in. If it was on its way still, they could do a dealer re-route, which wont cost them any.

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm sure it will be worth the wait.......it's probably stuck on the 401 on its way to Oshawa from Mehico!!! What's the first thing you're gonna do when you get it?

Thanks
    Stopped by Midway Nissan today, they got two more Micra's; a red one and a Caspian Sea one, both slushboxes. Mine is still a no-show.

The only logical conclusion is that Nissan, recognizing that I was an owner of the original Nissan Micra, is putting my Micra through some special quality control program.

The first thing I'm gonna do is to play my first drive playlist and cruise the backroads. Then I might see if it'll jump.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Oh, it'll jump. IT'LL SURELY JUMP. Much better than your old K10.

You joke about quality control, but I would be surprised if the Canadian cars aren't getting some additional scrutiny. (At very least the early ones off the line.)

The new Mirage is assembled in Thailand, and ALL destined for the home market of Japan get a special round of inspections. The U.S. bound cars were also getting additional inspections, but only for the first 6 months of production. (They didn't say anything specific about Canada, but I suspect they're in the U.S. inspection queue.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Well, the change oil light came on in the Grand Am today. The low coolant light also made an appearance. Was hoping to get rid of it before doing any maintenance this year. Looks like I'm starting down that slippery slope of maintenance; hope I get my Micra before I slide too far beyond what I keep stocked in my garage...

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I'm also, still waiting... has there been a sighting of a base model out in the wild? (meaning other than a press event) Latest has it they expect to sell 10% as base models...better actually start building some
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I believe that 10% figure includes base model with automatics and air. When I was at the dealership last, they said they had a base model out back. I went to check it out, it was the base with air and auto, not the true base. Last time I checked, the automatic and air were "Upgrades," and a base model car is one without upgrades. If I wanted greasy dealership doublespeak, I'd have bought a Hyundai. Just try to get a straight answer from them about something as simple as a spare tire without them pressuring you to buy a car, LOL!