Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2017 Micra fuel economy rating is lower than 2015/16.

Thanks
    Well... I tried two different driving style with my last two fill up. About 80% highway 20% city driving.
    Same daily commute. 56km each way.

First with my lead foot. I managed 450km on 40litres. Then i figured Id try sticking to the speed limits for once and go easy on the throttle when accelerating. I made it 750km on 41litres.

Its not what you drive, its how you drive it.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chef Groleau For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-27-2017),SvB (03-25-2017)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Groleau View Post
    I am on my second tank of gas on my 2017 Micra S and I am averaging 6.4L/100km.
    My city driving is fairly economical, never used the 5th gear on a car for city driving until now. But the Micra seems to be happy cruising at 50-60km/h with really low rpm. My highway driving style.... well, lets just say i am not an hypermiler and I could easily improve my fuel millage. Id love to have a 6th gear or a taller 5th gear.
    I agree, the 5 speeds are good, but had they added one more it would have been perfect. I have to do some highway driving and 6th gear would very much improve it.

Thanks
    Well... I tried two different driving style with my last two fill up. About 80% highway 20% city driving.
    Same daily commute. 56km each way.

First with my lead foot. I managed 450km on 40litres. Then i figured Id try sticking to the speed limits for once and go easy on the throttle when accelerating. I made it 750km on 41litres.

Its not what you drive, its how you drive it.
    Great to know. Though...I'm afflicted with a lead foot too. Will have to train myself to behave.

Thanks
    figured Id try sticking to the speed limits for once

FYI:

Thread: Tested: Speed vs. MPG/fuel economy, 2015 Micra SR automatic & Micra S 5-spd manual

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...