Thread: New SV owner in BC Lower Mainland

Thanks

New SV owner in BC Lower Mainland

Just got a new discounted 2016 SV with Auto.
    So far have added Nissan Black Alloy Wheels, hood deflector & factory winter floor mats.
    I may get snow tires next year for the original steel wheels when there are more choices, many brands are sold out now like Nokian.
    My other car is a 2007 Mazda MX5 5 speed that spends most of its life in the garage + a 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
    that can carry a ton of stuff, especially with the stow & go seats folded down, but is expensive to run in the city & kind of big for daily use.
    So far really happy with the Micra , love the fuel economy & easy parking.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jimwilly For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-20-2017)

Thanks
    Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy your new toy ��

Thanks
    jimwilly - welcome!

Apologies - I think I deleted your account TWICE after seeing the registration IP address... Los Angeles! (International IP addresses have all been spammers up to now.) Glad you persisted.

What other cars were in the hunt?

Don't forget to make a garage page:
    Garage empty: add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    PS: I also just picked up a crappy $750 Miata last year. Too much fun, those cars!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    So that's what happened, I thought I was typing my password wrong. I am using a VPN proxy with LA location BTW

Thanks
    Aha - nope, it was just me with an itchy trigger finger.

We don't get much spam on the forum. But the last thing I want to do is boot off a legit member!

Thanks
    What other cars were in the hunt? Since you asked....I test drove a 2017 Micra S with auto package & a 2017 SV manual.
    I was also looking at the new 2017 Subaru Impreza but have decided to wait for the new Crosstrek that should have the new design for 2018. I would like something with high ground clearance & AWD for my planned back country travels.
    I decided on the 2016 SV because of the discount & the other added features over a 2017 S with auto, which would have been almost the same price. Really glad I got the AC, when I turn it off the defroster has a hard time keeping the windows clear with all the wet weather we are having.
    Since getting the car I removed the back seat head rests & the rear visibility is much better, I can always reinstall if needed but so far its 2 people max on any trip.
    BTW: My 1st car was a used 1971 Datsun 510 4 speed & the S model reminded me of it, even the same size engine.

Thanks
    1971 Datsun 510!

I have never had the pleasure of even ridingin one of those much less driving one. When I was a kid, our across-the-street neighbour used to race them, so there were always 2 or 3 hanging around his place.

The last one of them that lived in the Brockville area disappeared years ago. I went with a buddy of mine to look at it when it was up for sale, but it was of course a complete basket case from living here in the rust belt.