Over the past few weeks, on extremely cold mornings, my head unit seems to not want to work. The screen "Flashes" light black/full black with no Nissan logo a few times, then just does nothing. Restarting the car usually corrects this problem, though sometimes it takes a couple of tries. When I do get it going again, the clock shows the correct time and the phone bluetooth is remembered, but all of my station presets have reset to factory defaults. It's at over 95,000 km now, so it's obviously out of warranty. Does anyone else have this problem?

I decided to pull it to re-seat the connectors and consider what I might try in the aftermarket. I took this shot of the back. The top and bottom connectors on the left connect to the harnesses that provide power (bottom), speaker output (bottom), and steering wheel controls (split between top and bottom somehow). The smaller white connector has nothing connected to it. The blue connector is for USB input, and the light brown connector is for the antenna. The head unit is made by Panasonic.
Name:  backofstereo.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  94.1 KB