Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Post your Micra's fuel economy / mileage results in our fuel economy tracker/ log

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    hello there, i am from south america (uruguay).
    with my march 1.6 i am getting 14.6km/liter in city driving trying to save gas hehe, the car only has 500km, the computer says 13.8 but the real consumption is better.
    In my previous test with some ac on and a little heavier foot the result was 13.5km/liter.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Welcome, gonzagnr!

Translations: 14.6 km/L = 6.9 L/100 km = 41 mpg (Imp) = 34 mpg (US). Not bad for 100% city driving -- the manual Micra is rated in Canada for 8.6 L/100 km = 11.6 km/L in city driving.

Your March has the manual transmission, correct? (Can you choose the automatic in Uruguay? In some South American countries, I think it's not an option.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    yes, here is offered with an old 4 speed auto transmision.
    do you want to know the ridiculous prices we pay for cars here???
    21500 american dollars the mt, 22500 the auto.
    the sr is not offered, there is only one on the country imported by request, 25000 dollars, that one yes has the screen, 16" rims instead of 15, and digital ac.
    also here the more equipped version (mine) does NOT include the touch screen, reverse camera, and digital ac controller, at least it has that nice polished black color.
    but i think it has the same engine as the note, because the intake is the same as the note, with a pipe going down.
    old march engine:
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-CLfwP_474E...0/DSCF1955.JPG

my march like engine:
    http://image.motortrend.com/f/roadte...-engine-02.jpg

i know this is a very active thread, so please is someone know how to replace a fog bulb please help me:
    http://micra-forum.com/showthread.ph...replace?p=3543
    Last edited by gonzagnr; 09-10-2014 at 12:06 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 March manual: 6.9 L/100 km ... 41.1 mpg (Imp) ... 14.6 km/L ... 34.2 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    One guy on Highway 401 today was getting better mileage than even Darin could...can you spot him?
    OK... it only took me 3 times to find Waldo in that pic!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Hi everyone! Just wondering how everyone is getting such great f.e. numbers?!?! I have an auto and so far only get 425 km to a full tank (38-39 litres). That only works out to roughly 8.8 8.9 l/100 km. Id say I drive 90% city (Vancouver) and I drive Eco friendly! No driving like I stole it! I thought it'd be somewhat better numbers than that. Also anyone notice when the gas gets below half tank it seems to go down to empty quicker?!?

Thanks
    I am still learning to drive stick properly and I am getting about 5.9l ( according to the computer ) have wasted about a half a tank of gas, and I have put 324kms on the vehicle ( may be off by a few ) and the tank says it has another 300 remaining.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.7 mpg (Imp) ... 15.5 km/L ... 36.4 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

Vancouver mileage

MicraMan7: keep in mind most of the reports here have been for the manual trans. And the manual will kick automatic butt (in the hands of a motivated driver), especially in city driving. See thread: Head to head: 2015 Micra manual vs. automatic MPG/fuel economy comparison.

Also, your driving environment is a key factor.

I managed to average 5.4 in the SR automatic I had for a week, but that was mostly highway driving sticking to the speed limit, and mostly secondary highways at that. My city driving portion was in a small city, not Vancouver stop & crawl or traffic light to traffic light.

PS: out of curiosity, what does your commute look like? Give me a route description - I've spent some time in Van.

Thanks
    Thanks Metro! I know Van has lots of stop and go (lights and stop signs) driving and a ton of hills (which kill im guessing) I just thought id be able to squeeze more out of the micra. I cant imagine what my fuel would be like if I drove it even a bit aggressively! And I know I cant compare to a manual thats unrealistic! I dont really have a set route when i drive, im all over. I go from east vancouver to north burnaby (via highway and via city streets) I also go from east vancouver to downtown (city driving) at times Ive gone to north van where I bought the car (highway). I do do a mix of long trips and also a lot of short trips (under 10 km). Its very sporadic! Everything else about the car I love! For me its such a great car!! Very happy with it.

Thanks
    No prob!

Did you track your fuel economy in your previous car? (What kind was it?)

The keys for good economy from the auto are: minimize the amount of time you're in 1st or 2nd gear (unlocked torque converter = least efficient); maximize coasting opportunities when approaching stops/slowdowns/turns; the automatic's highest cruising fuel economy happens just after 4th gear engages (around 60 km/h under light acceleration), so keep highway speeds as moderate as practical. See this post for more detailed tips.

Thanks
    No I didnt was too young and didnt think of it. I just drove! To be young again! Hahah I do all those points you've mentioned as much as I can especially coasting. The unfortunate luck is its hard at times to get to 4th gear in van most of the time! But again thanks for the information! Another thingis there a warning light for kow fuel or is just the display blinks and no reading below 50 km?