Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Post your Micra's fuel economy / mileage results in our fuel economy tracker/ log

Thanks
    Post some tanks in the tracker and give us some perspective.

PS: I think I might be wililng to forgo some flatland MPG for some of your scenery. The 1000 Islands region is lovely, but I've spent a fair amount of time in & around Van, and it's nice nice nice.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

Winter effect on mileage...

For those of you who paid attention to your fuel economy during the summer when you first got your Micra, you might want to record some tanks in the next couple of weeks to see the effect of early winter weather. You might be surprised.
    Snip.

Yep, i'm noticing a huge difference since the cold weather started. No numbers yet, but I'd bet it's 5-6 mpg. Some of this is due to more stop and go driving when the roads are in bad shape.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    I couldn't believe it when I stopped at my neighborhood Shell over lunch to fill up and the price was all the way down to 91.9 cents/litre! Couldn't believe how much I paid to fill my whole tank!

Name:  51c5442b005b06d7b4b7889c1faf9857.23526.jpg
Views: 727
Size:  96.2 KB

My range has come down quite a bit but I blame the cold & the wind, idling the car when I shouldn't be and I have a lead foot but my average for mileage is 6.8L/100kms or 34.59mpg
    Last edited by NilotheFilipino; 12-11-2014 at 05:29 PM.

Thanks
    My mileage has been down a bit over the past couple of weeks as well. Not sure if it's the strong headwinds, cold weather, winter gas, or combination of the three...but, on average, 0.4-0.5L/100km difference.

In our culture obsessed with absurd excess, the Nissan Micra is my counterculture car of choice.
    Be sure to visit my blog at mymicra.com!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.4 L/100 km ... 44.3 mpg (Imp) ... 15.7 km/L ... 36.9 mpg (US) ...

Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    averaging about 6.7L/100km combined highway/city (mostly city), 10km trip for wife to and from work, ~5 stop lights each way.

Quite pleased with this little car so far.

Thanks
    Stuck 4 times in traffic for the past week, 2 of those were for 1 hour and half each time, bumper to bumper. I knew my fuel consomption would be bad, it's 8.9 for this week true consumption calculated with fuelly, (Micra computer show 7.9). We had a large snow flurry with a foot of snow, and bad weather each day of the week. It usually take me 20 minutes drive to get back home, those days it took me nearly one hour 45 min. The good news is that 8.9 is about as bad as it gets when stuck in big traffic jams half of the time and with snow conditions, heater and AC to remove condensation.

But since the gas price has dropped so much, I don't see the difference in my wallet.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SR automatic: 7.0 L/100 km ... 40.4 mpg (Imp) ... 14.3 km/L ... 33.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Dani3d - check your private messages (should have one from me)!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks

now 6 Micras in the tracker/log

We're up to 6 cars. (Thanks, PocketRocket.)

http://micra-forum.com/mgarage.php

For those of you who are reporting mileage results, but are not entering it in the log, post your tank distance and L's purchased. I'll make some entries for you if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    My mileage has been down a bit over the past couple of weeks as well. Not sure if it's the strong headwinds, cold weather, winter gas, or combination of the three...
    All of the above, and even more. Welcome to winter!

Quote Originally Posted by dani3d View Post
    It usually take me 20 minutes drive to get back home, those days it took me nearly one hour 45 min. The good news is that 8.9 is about as bad as it gets when stuck in big traffic jams half of the time and with snow conditions, heater and AC to remove condensation.
    Only 3 more months to spring!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaMicra View Post
    Great advice Daox, it can also help you determine which gas station's fuel is better. Sometimes FE goes down and the problem is solved by switching gas stations, not taking into account the winter gas switch-over.
    I normally go the same one, but when on the road and need to refuel, I'll choose the pumps without ethanol added. You rarely see them on 87 grade, but on 91+ octane, you can notice there's no more mention of "may contain 10% of ethanol".

So, yeah, I agree. I noticed as well the fuel economy may indicate fuel quality if you drive a very similar drive, like long highway trips.
    I try to stay clear of ethanol for this.

Has octane level ever shown any FE improvement? e.g: 87 grade with 10% ethanol vs 89 with 10% ethanol? (as 91 without ethanol wouldn't be a fair comparison).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    My trip to the catskills and back, the trip computer showed 6.0L/100km but my calculations had me at 6.8 over my 1830km trip

Not too bad considering some heavy traffic on the way down on the 401/QEW and nasty weather St. Catharines -> Rochester and lots of slow downs on my way home last saturday due to cars in ditches EVERYWHERE!!