Thread: Camber adjustment bolts

Camber adjustment bolts

Camber Adjusting Kit;
    Versa 1.6L
    FRONT;
    DOUBLE OFFSET;
    14mm MAGNA CAM/BOLT KIT,

Adjustment range: Pos/neg 1.75 DEG;

REPLACING UPPER AND LOWER BOLTS WILL INCREASE CAMBER ADJ RANGE TO +/- 2.5 DEG;

Rock auto

I noticed that the bolts on our stock suspension are regular bolts.
    With a fixed camber.

But these bolts for a versa are adjustable.

This way you can change the the cambe angle for alignments or add negative camber if desired.

Attached Images Attached Images    

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-08-2017)

Measured the holes. Just over 1/2 inch. Around 9/16ths so 14mm confirmed.
    Length... The space between them is 1" but add the head, but washer etc.1.38-1.92 should work fine.

http://www.hrsprings.com/applications/triplec
    Attached Images Attached Images  

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

Daox (03-08-2017)

Thanks
    Waiting to see the first stanced Micra on here
    First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Quote Originally Posted by geodude View Post
    Waiting to see the first stanced Micra on here
    When I receive and install the parts I have waitin I will be "mexiflush or mexi poke" stance

They will be poking out, neg cambered, and fenders rolled out. The sub categories are endless..
    But yes... Stanced

Thanks
    be carefull you are supposed to replace only the upper bolt to adjust the camber not the lower one

8. The Following User Says Thank You to n15sk4 For This Useful Post:

Azmodon (03-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by n15sk4 View Post
    be carefull you are supposed to replace only the upper bolt to adjust the camber not the lower one
    I actually heard it the other way around. People say the lower not the upper. But ,
    that for specific cars. Ones that have slotted holes.
    The use of upper and lower was part of the notes on
    rock auto from the manufacturer so they are probably strong enough.
    And there are saying that about aftermarket.
    The unknown strength and the thinner design of the other type camber bolt.
    These are oem grade probably 8.8-10.9 if it becomes worrisome ill resize the parts to accept a 16mm so the bolt is still 14mm.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    When I receive and install the parts I have waitin I will be "mexiflush or mexi poke" stance

They will be poking out, neg cambered, and fenders rolled out. The sub categories are endless..
    But yes... Stanced
    out of curiosity, how do you plan on rolling the fenders? won't the plastic bumper covers impede on that plan?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyyCarter View Post
    out of curiosity, how do you plan on rolling the fenders? won't the plastic bumper covers impede on that plan?
    The plastic wheel well insert have been removed and the bumper itself will be secured with quick release

Fenders will be rolled and pulled using a professional fender roller tool.

Thanks
    I used Eibachs (same bolts) - replaced the top, pushed to the max. One side can go in further than the other, getting an alignment done to even them out and perfect the parallelism. With stock wheels you shouldn't need to remove the fender liner or roll anything - I'm running 8.5" wides so I had to pull the fronts -> the fender quick disconnect was used to secure the tip of the bumper since I had to remove the screw mounting tab that's right behind that area. The fender liner is still in and the tire just barely touches the liner during high speed corners (super light scuffing that's about 1/8" wide, hasn't removed any material from the liner).
    Other than that the fronts tuck up nicely, certainly seems like more than 2.5 degrees but we'll see when it goes under the lasers.

Name:  20160912_195105.jpg
Views: 1532
Size:  98.0 KBName:  20161008_160457.jpg
Views: 1527
Size:  92.0 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV automatic: 7.1 L/100 km ... 39.9 mpg (Imp) ... 14.1 km/L ... 33.3 mpg (US) ...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Azmodon For This Useful Post:

IMPUL (03-08-2017),Pete (08-25-2017)

Just received my camber bolts.
    They are made in China. But they are the same as the other ones and graded 12.9 so I am confident that they are more then enough