Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Micra Lowering (springs / coilovers)

Well i tried these cusco settings :6kg/mm front and 4kg/mm rear in forza. Seems like a decent set up. Lets see what its like IRL. My package arrives tomorrow. ill try to get some pics.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Damnit... They dont have sway bar tabs..
    Now i have to wait 2 weeks and have something fabed up. w.e.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by IMPUL; 05-21-2015 at 04:48 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Any updates on this? I'd love to see them on the car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.6 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.5 mpg (US) ...

I have a buddy and a few shops im talking with this week coming. Hopefully soon. As i feel kinda dumb with my rear slammed and front jacked and cambered like a truck lol

Quote Originally Posted by lbarouf View Post
    Any updates on this? I'd love to see them on the car.
    okay, so ive spoken with sheridan metal works. :http://www.sheridanmetal.com/en/

I can make mine, a one-of, for about $200 ish or make 5 for about $600 ish
    so I will be running a group buy if anyone else wants brackets made.

they will be made out of a single piece of 3/16th stainless steel and probably (maybe not) powder coated black.
    the metal will be laser cut and bent 135* or so, then back 135* then 90* so that it hugs the suspension.

Ill load pics when i can I have a buynch of measurements i need to get for them...im so jdm, i work with "mm", but steel is in inches ..

So there on.

*** note: use the stock suspension cap or your strut will go through your hood***

Temp. Fix... Zip ties on the sway bar till bracket is ready.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (08-23-2015),Pete (08-23-2015)

Thanks
    Nice. Thanks for the update.

How does it feel? I'm far from a suspension expert, but have read tht sometimes a spring upgrade means the stabilizer bars may not even be needed if they're stiff.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Your tires fill your fender arches perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Your tires fill your fender arches perfectly!
    Thanks! Its about time. I think i need to roll the front fenders abit.
    Or just learn to drive properly. ( grip used for braking cant be used for turning)
    As long as its not leaning forward and to the side there is no rub.
    These cars dont really like to brake and turn. So, I need to smarten up. Especially before winter.
    Which I must start collecting things for then. Tires, rims, and rally armour mud flaps.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Nice. Thanks for the update.

How does it feel? I'm far from a suspension expert, but have read tht sometimes a spring upgrade means the stabilizer bars may not even be needed if they're stiff.
    It a like long wave vs short wave. Now I have 2 small dips where I used to have 1 big bounce.
    Nose dives are reduced
    Camber increased, caster increased
    Roll reduced (without swabar)
    Its
    Proper.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IMPUL For This Useful Post:

NotASportsCar (03-02-2019)