Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Micra Lowering (springs / coilovers)

Thanks
    Autocross is kinda racing... more like a series of manoevers through cones. Youtube it. The micra is very well suited for it given the short wheelbase, and tight first three gears. I'd still want them. Do you live in North America??

Thanks
    Yeah Mike I'm in the GTA, if you ever have occasion to blow through Toronto you can stop in and have them for $60.

Ordering on line they ended up costing me $180 ( might be $200 now, with the dollar tanking) to my door with all the freakin' fees. Better still, don't you guys have a few big tuner shops in Ed/Cal... they can probably get you a better deal, even on Eibachs or some other name brand.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    Added some more pics to above post, to try and show off the stance better.

Could someone save me a trip to the dealer and measure the distance from wheel arch to centre of wheel on your stock Micra? Front and rear...
    Thanks!
    I read (and measured twice!) from stock Micra 2015.

FRONT:
    Name:  IMG_2937.jpg
Views: 1762
Size:  88.9 KB

REAR:
    Name:  IMG_2935.jpg
Views: 1757
Size:  87.8 KB

measurements starting point, where the arch is:
    Name:  IMG_2938.jpg
Views: 1683
Size:  92.1 KB

hope this helped

Thanks
    I assumed aftica meant from the top of the tire to the top of the well? I don't know if that differs.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra SV manual: 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.2 mpg (Imp) ... 15.3 km/L ... 36.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Yes, that's what he meant: for comparing changes in ride height.

Name:  _1-micra-1-ride-height.jpg
Views: 1713
Size:  22.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

So was it ever figured outwhich aftermarket coilovers works with the canadian market front sway bar?
    Nismo s tune? Tein advance ? Or do you have to replace/remove the fromt sway bar ...if so with what?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IMPUL View Post
    So was it ever figured outwhich aftermarket coilovers works with the canadian market front sway bar?
    Nismo s tune? Tein advance ? Or do you have to replace/remove the fromt sway bar ...if so with what?
    To date, none of the after market coil overs provide the mounting tab for the front sway bar.

The NISMO coil overs provide the tab, but you get little to no lowering that I can see...and the Micra is a car that needs a lot of lowering to get any sort of ''look'' going.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

To date, none of the after market coil overs provide the mounting tab for the front sway bar.

The NISMO coil overs provide the tab, but you get little to no lowering that I can see...and the Micra is a car that needs a lot of lowering to get any sort of ''look'' going.
    I see... And what about the spring rates? I Seen some that are 2.5kg fr/4kg rr , 4kg fr/4.5kg rr , 5kg (or 6/7) fr / 4kg rr...

How do you like the 2.5kg fronta with your tein kit?
    Has anyones use the higher rated fronts yet?

I would think that a 60/40 split fr to rr would be okay.. I guess ill try them in forza for now..
    I would assume one set up is more prone to understeer , and other to oversteer...

Im after a tight well balanced set up without the spine shattering roughness... Some stiffen is fine ... Shakimg screws loose woth constant jarring viberations from the tiniest cracjs in the road is not what im after...

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 7.7 L/100 km ... 36.8 mpg (Imp) ... 13.0 km/L ... 30.6 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    The NISMO coil overs provide the tab, but you get little to no lowering that I can see...
    Did you happen to see the Micra Cup car at the auto show? It would have been useful to measure ride height. I still think it's lower than stock (just from the photos).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

i did... Your right ... It doesnt seem(that much) lower.. And its on 15's when i put 16's on it will be even higher.

Im leaning towards a cusco set now.

Still want to know how the car will react/response with front suspension. Tighter then rear.