Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Micra Lowering (springs / coilovers)

Thanks
    I'd be tempted to try the kit with the front sway bar deleted. They're stiffer than stock, no?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I'd be tempted to try the kit with the front sway bar deleted. They're stiffer than stock, no?
    Hey Darin, the springs are not as stiff as the stock units but the damping in rebound and compression is much stronger. This should make for a really good feel as I can already tell the difference out back. I don't want to run without a front bar though, as body roll would still be too much for my tastes. EDIT:I would actually like bigger bars front and back if/when they become available

I now assume the Euro/Jap spec Micra/March (up until face lift anyway) did not come with a front sway bar, or that it attached to the control arm.

I believe I have a work around though, and with luck, my friend should have it ready sometime next week.

Will post updates with lots of pics!
    Last edited by aftica; 10-11-2014 at 06:12 AM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    I now assume the Euro/Jap spec Micra/March (up until face lift anyway) did not come with a front sway bar, or that it attached to the control arm.
    As far as I can remember, the front and rear sway bars were a unique addition to the Canadian Micra.

Your mission, Aftica, should you choose to accept it is to find a set of lowered front kit that accounts for the sway bar or can be modified to deal with it. This message well self destruct in five seconds...

Thanks
    I think tomorrow Im going to get under there and have a boo at it. Id like to do strut tower braces and stiffen up the front stock suspension a bit.. (Its already quite good but...)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S automatic: 7.9 L/100 km ... 35.7 mpg (Imp) ... 12.6 km/L ... 29.7 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    As far as I can remember, the front and rear sway bars were a unique addition to the Canadian Micra
    I knew the rear bar was unique, but figured all cars had a front bar? Guess not! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    Oh crap.. That sucks.. I was almost considering this for the opposite reason.. raising.. Thinking of a baby rally car or something.
    The Tein kit is for lowering only. The minimum amount of lowering is -32mm front and -20mm rear, and they recommend slightly more than that at each end as a minimum. edit: see below, but not responsible if fuzzy pic damages your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I think tomorrow Im going to get under there and have a boo at it. Id like to do strut tower braces and stiffen up the front stock suspension a bit.. (Its already quite good but...)
    Let me know if you ever do the strut towers braces as i'm interested too (front and rear). Would like to know what you used. Readily available braces for the rear, should fit no problem. Fronts, i'm not so sure...and i'm extra shy now after this coil over thing!

hmmm....might ask my bud if he is interested in making one of those four pointers like the ''Ultra Racing'' design....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by aftica; 10-11-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.2 mpg (Imp) ... 18.8 km/L ... 44.3 mpg (US) ...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aftica View Post
    EDIT:I would actually like bigger bars front and back if/when they become available
    Need Nissan to hurry up with that March NISMO.

I believe I have a work around though, and with luck, my friend should have it ready sometime next week.

Will post updates with lots of pics!
    A little welding perhaps? Looking forward to your solution.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Micra S manual: 5.0 L/100 km ... 56.5 mpg (Imp) ... 20.0 km/L ... 47.0 mpg (US) ...

Thanks
    Nismo March is coming but I don't know if the bars will be any different than ours? Edit: you can see in the link, a pic of the struts with small sway bar link tab just below spring seat.

The solution will be a mounting bracket, but it can't be welded to struts now, due to gas charged inside. I figure Tein will update all their new kits at some point as the small tab that is needed would not interfere with non sway bar cars.

EDIT: here is a pic of my car, right side, mounting tab for sway bar link is circled.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by aftica; 10-13-2014 at 08:53 AM.
    Ten Grand Tin Can

9. The Following User Says Thank You to aftica For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (10-14-2014)

Thanks
    Ah, I see.

How will the bracket resist vertical movement? (I assume you're thinking of a sleeve/collar over the strut cylinder.)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ah, I see.

How will the bracket resist vertical movement? (I assume you're thinking of a sleeve/collar over the strut cylinder.)
    Yes, a collar around the strut was my first thought, but my buddy came up with a different idea almost instantly... might have pics later today!
    Ten Grand Tin Can

Thanks
    "NISMO S-Tune Suspension Kit"

See: Nissan Creates Micra Race Series -- Micra Cup