Thread: Anyone figured out how to remove the parking light bulb?

Thanks

Anyone figured out how to remove the parking light bulb?

The little bulb underneath the big headlight bulb in the housing. I successfully got the wire connector off (just a push tab you have to depress then pull) but the bulb and holder are still stuck pretty good. Tried both twisting and pulling with my bare hands but it's cold out and it's hard to get a good grip in that cramped space. Wondering if I just need to twist harder, or something...

First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV

Thanks
    I have no idea but I did find a video showing how to change the headlight bulb. Maybe looking at this video will give you an idea on how. I've watched it and I can see a second bulb in the same area and that may be the parking bulb. If that's it sticking up try using a hair dryer to warm up the socket before twisting on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OdRFtWbtrw

Thanks
    The video will definitely help me with my impending headlight bulb change, but unfortunately gives me pretty much the same view of the back of the bulb as I've already had. That thing will not come out with any amount of twisting that I've managed to do. Looking at it from outside the housing it appears as though if you somehow manage to turn it, some tabs could potentially line up to corresponding holes to allow the holder to come out. I've given up for the time being.

First car: 1984 silver Nissan Micra
    Current car: 2016 Gun Metallic Nissan Micra SV